7

- SEVEN -

I watch my breath fog up the air in front of me. I watch it swirl in front of my face- dancing like a ballerina. The boy twin paces, his footsteps echoing off the cement walls. He inaudibly whispers to himself in Sokovian as his sister sits in the corner of the small room. Contrary to her brother, she is deathly still. I want to look over at her, but a shiver runs down my spine when I picture her deep, brown eyes.

He keeps pacing. I'm tempted to try to infiltrate the base by myself, but without their help, it is a death wish. So I wait.Water drips in the background, another constant noise on top of his footsteps. Frustration boils in my chest. I close my eyes, but it doesn't go away. I don't have time for this stupidity.

"Would you stop that already?" I snap, releasing my balled fists. I stand up quickly, drawing of the attention of the girl twin. She flinches at my sudden movement, but doesn't look scared.

He has his back to me. He faces the small window, basked in the light of the blinding, white light. Snow twirls gracefully onto the solid grey floor.

I walk up to him, standing directly behind the window, too.

"What do you want from me?" I ask. The snow is mesmerizing. I realize with a jolt that I'd never stood and... watched. Ever.

He turns towards me, looking almost dumbfounded.

"Are you serious?" he says raising his hands in disbelief. "You will help us get out of here."

"Oh I will, will I?" I say crossing my arms over my chest. "And what would I get out of that."

He looks shocked, as if he had not expected me to ask for something in return. Finally, he thinks of something.

"Well, you need to get out of here, too."

He looks smug, as if he has me figured out.

I let out a cynical laugh and he look taken aback, yet again. I open my lips to speak, but another voice cuts me off.

"She needs information, Pietro."

I whip my head around to see the girl standing in the corner. In the blink of an eyes she is right next to me. I don't know how she did it, but she stands so close I can see the red lightning bolts flicker on her hands. I feel like I shouldn't breath as she walks behind me. Her voice shakes as she speaks again.

"That's what you want isn't it?"

When I don't reply, something changes. Her neck twitches like a snake. Her eyes flicker with anger and red bolts of telekinetic energy.

"Sister-" Pietro says, not moving his feet but reaching out an arm. Not in comfort, but as protection. As quickly as it came, the anger emanating from the girl standing now directly in front of me is gone. I open my mouth to ask another question, but she beats me to it.

Her eyes are turned to the window and her voice is airy like the wind blowing through it.

"They're here," she mutters, just above a whisper.

I try something new this time.

"What's your name?" I ask. Her head shoots up as fast as a whip. Her eyes pour into mine, deeper than I ever thought possible. She doesn't answer for a long time, but I keep my eyes locked with hers.

"Wanda."

She's so quiet, I almost think it's the breeze playing tricks on me.

I try again,