Prologue

Long ago, in the Dark Ages, a time when religion was at its peak, kingdoms fought against kingdoms. One could say it was chaotic, but it was almost as calm as the gentle breeze that caressed one's skin for those whose lives were fantasy. The dragons could fly freely, the vampires could hunt, the dwarves could build, trade, and mine into the depths of the Earth, the banshees' could haunt and scream their wails of death, and so many others could do what they wanted to do that they had to keep hidden before. It was a horrible ordeal, the humane kingdom, in order to purge their lands from those who shouldn't exist, sired their knights and forced these peaceful (or not so peaceful) creatures out from the lands that they once roamed. The creatures, outcasted by the humans, knew this would happen and so they built their own kingdoms. These kingdoms that these creatures built were smaller than the kingdoms that the mortals built; they were powerful and well organized. However, over the years (taken by), some took advantage of this and attacked human kingdoms.

War raged on once more, but over the course of time, these once peaceful creatures who once sided with the humans looked upon themselves and noticed how greed corrupted their minds. In the lands of Isenhaal, those few who were left brought it upon themselves to not fight. From the dwarves was Duren Ghon, lord of the mines; from the dragons who took no part, was the Dragon Lord; and to the peaks of humanity, there was Lord Arthur Kingsman. These three lords took it upon themselves to end suffering to all of the kingdoms. Peace was made in the past twenty years. Yet in the shadows of everyone's mind, one question was repeatedly asked and never spoken aloud for fear of the answer: How long can this peace last?