Drunk Night

i didn't go home like i had originally thought, i was still pissed off and annoyed. so i did the one thing that i knew would calm me down. i went to a bar, it was a small, run down place. i walk in, only like two people were here. it was already six, yeah, I've been walking around for around six hours. 

"what can i get you?" the bartender asked.

"I'll start with a beer" i said.

i gave him a five and he gave me a beer and i opened it and took a drink of it, relaxing. i grab my phone and text dad, telling him i was looking for a job.

"hey, are you guys hiring?" i asked.

"we don't make much" the bartender said.

"I'm just trying to waste time" i said shrugging. 

"sure, can you work tomorrow then?" the bartender asked.

"sure" i said shrugging.

"I'm Matt" Matt said. 

"Kassidy" i said smirking.

we shook hands and i drank the rest of my beer. he gave me another one and i start drinking it.

"rough day?" Matt asked.

"today? yes, but more like rough life" i  said.

"go ahead, tell me about it" Matt said. 

"well let's see, a mom that hates me, a step-father that can go to hell, a twin sister that can die in a ditch, oh and a father that still prefers my twin sister." i said taking another drink.

"ah, so you're like the blonde haired kid in a house full of brunettes" Matt said.

"exactly like that!" i said smiling.

i took another drink and Matt just smiles cheekily at me. he poured me a shot of something and i slam it back, letting it burn my throat. i slam it back onto the counter and look at him, smirking.

"is it really a smart idea to give your new employee shots?" i asked smirking.

"obviously, gotta see how good you hold your liquor" Matt said.

"is this the interview?" i asked cheekily. 

"obviously" Matt said smirking.

he leaned closer, pouring me another shot. 

"aye, you have to drink too" i said pouting.

"...that's true" Matt said.

he took a shot and laughed. i walk behind the bar and grab another beer. before you say anything, i know I'm only seventeen, but i absolutely do not care. plus, other high schoolers do it, so i doubt I'd get in that much trouble. 

"so, are we usually this busy at night?" i asked jokingly. 

"surprisingly, kids come during the night...i check ID's then" Matt said shrugging. 

i notice the pool table and nod in agreement. i grab two more beers and head over there. i set them by a near table and grab a pool stick.

"are you any good?" Matt asked smirking. 

"oh honey, I'm better than good, I'm fabulous" i said winking.

Matt just laughs, grabbing a pool stick and aiming at the white ball. i remove the triangle tray and set it on the table. i finish another beer and smirk. 

"wanna take the first shot?" Matt asked. 

"sure" i said nodding.

i bend down and concentrate on the white ball. i can feel Matt's eyes on me, making me smirk. you can't judge me, i have had a guy flirt with me in like more then four years! 

"you're doing it wrong" Matt said. 

"oh really?" i asked rolling my eyes.

 i stand up and look at him, raising an eyebrow. Matt just takes another drink. he walks over and get's behind me. he bent us a little and put his hands over mine and i bit my bottom lip. 

"you have to concentrate" Matt said.

i nod my head, letting his hand tighten over mine. i aim and shoot, instantly, most of the balls went in, making me jump in excitement. Matt giggles at me and wraps an arm around my shoulders.

"you're welcome" Matt said.

"why thank you, sensei" i said pretending to curtsy. 

"why, you're welcome, young grasshopper" Matt said smiling.

i smile wide and shook my head at him. my phone dings and i look at it with raised eyebrows. dad had texted me a lot.

"one sec, need to call the old man" i said.

"mhmm, hurry back, i want to kick your ass at pool" Matt said.

i just roll my eyes and walk outside with my beer. i unlock my phone and click dad's name and pressed it to my ear. i open my beer and took another drink. 

"Kassidy, thank god you answered" dad said sighing.

"is everything okay?" i asked.

"you left school early?" dad asked.

i thought about telling him about the lunch incident, but changed my mind. i should rat Bella and her little clique but i didn't, she'd just hate me more.

"...i had a panic attack, so i left, plus you know i have to calm down so it doesn't affect my blood pressure" i said. 

"Jesus, are you okay? need me to pick you up?" dad asked.

"no, I found a job, so I'm staying for a little bit for training" i said. 

"alright, call me so i can pick you up...Bella seems really upset, any idea why?" dad asked.

of course Bella is, i shut my eyes tightly, trying to push down the mess of emotions i was feeling. i shook my head and open my eyes. 

"no idea dad" i said quietly. 

"alright, have fun" dad said. 

"okay" i said nodding. 

i hung up and walk back into the bar. Matt was wiping the counters and i sit in front of him and lay my head down, 

"you seem down, who was it?" Matt asked.

"my dad" i said sighing,

"yeah? why?" Matt asked. 

"he was curious why i left school" i said sighing.

 "at least he cares"  Matt said.

"yeah, but then he brings up perfect Bella" i said rolling my eyes

"jealous?" Matt asked.

i scoff and took another drink of my beer, i glare at him with daggers and Matt just looks at me amused. 

"no, i am not..." i said rolling my eyes. 

"yes you are" Matt said. 

i just roll my eyes and took another drink of my beer, softly humming to the old rock music playing in the back ground. it was getting late and i knew i should probably ask dad to come and get me...but i don't want to go home. 

"can i sleep here tonight?" i asked.

Matt frowns, but nods head, grabbing my empty beer bottle and drinking the rest. i felt slightly tipsy and i was aggravated. 

"i have a couch in the back, there's also a shower and a box full of clothes I've gathered over the years" Matt said.

"thanks" i mumbled. i stumble to the back and just lay down on the couch. i sigh and get my phone out. 

'just going to crash at a friends place, we're working on a project-Kassidy'

i turn my phone off and close my eyes, falling asleep, dreaming of nothing, like usual.