Prologue - the seven deadly sins & the half breed child

The man sipped at his milkshake, his eyes glinting with wicked resolve. The twenty-four hour diner was eerily empty except for the waitresses and man at the counter. Bells jingled cheerily over the awkwardly quiet diner as the door opened and closed, welcoming a new customer.

The mysterious man glanced at him and patted the seat to his right. The visitor sat down on the bar stool, glaring at the evil man.

"Welcome, David." The man said slyly, sipping from his milkshake and grinning at his visitor.

The man twitched from slight irritation. "It's Damon." He corrected.

"David, Damon, whatever. I came here to talk." He said as his slight smirk smoothed out and his face became dead serious. His angular features complimented his almost black eyes. He smoothed back his equally dark hair and leaned back on his stool.

"Then talk."

"Alright Damon, I need you to stop seeing Laurel." He grinned, the wicked manipulative expression back on his sharp features.

The man's face hardened. "I can't do that."

"And why not?"

The man looked at the table, his eyes searching for a valid excuse to use against the deadly sin which was the man directly beside him. He felt those black eyes studying him.

"I swear if she's pregnant they'll stick you so far down in hell you might just meet someone worse then I..." The sin continued.

Damon grit his teeth. "I'd go to the depths of hell and back for her - and that child." He said under his breath.

The sin shook his head slowly, clicking his tongue in disappointment. "Wrong move, demon. That child will be disposed of soon enough, in the mean time we'll see about dealing with you. Come on, let's go see what Father has to say about this." He stood up and brushed off his suit. He shoved his hands in his pockets in a casual manner then cocked his head upwards and stared at the ceiling. A disturbing feeling settled in the demons stomach.

"That's enough Pride." Damon declared as he stood from his stool.

"There's nothing you can do about it," The sin hissed, his pupils growing fully black. "The child cannot live. Demons and Angels cannot be allowed to breed. You know what that could mean for our entire population, Damon."

The demon looked at the sin, his eyes narrowing. He slowly lowered his hand and drew out a transparent sphere from his pocket.

The sin glared, "I'm Pride, one of the seven deadly sins, you couldn't get rid of me." He proclaimed. The object glinted and his eyes widened. "There's no possible way you have that..."

The demon sneered and whipped out the glass ball, forcing it against Pride's forehead. A flash of light bloomed throughout the shop, the pure brilliance showering white light upon everyone in a nearby radius. The radiance dimmed and flickered out, but the sin was gone. Shadowy letters scrawled themselves along the glass hemisphere, it wrote 'PRIDE.' The dark essence of the being swirled around the transparent encasement like a thick black smoke.

The demon pulled out a flip phone and tapped the icon that displayed the name Laurel - The angel that carried their baby. The poor half breed child didn't know what she was being thrown into.

His fingers flew across the keys and pressed send.

'It's done.'