1.

"You're adopted" my mother said quietly. It was my eightteenth birthday today and it had been wonderful. I had cake, my friends brought baloons into school for me and gave me a 50pound giftcard for Zara, my parents gave me everything I had asked for which was a new pair of Ugg boots and some new headphones. But now this, I found out that they weren't my real parents, that everything was a lie?

"I am what?" my eyes almost fell out. My dad had called me downstairs, it was late in the evening and I thought we were going to have dinner together. They sat me down at the table and my mom looked like she was about to cry. "We are not your biological parents, but we love you just like you are our own." "You are ours" my mom corrected, "we raised you, we are your parents it doesn't change anything about our relationship." I didn't know what to say, my day had been great. Being adopted wasn't the biggest problem for me, it was the fact that they knew for eightteen years and they decided to tell me now? "Why didn't you tell me before?" I didn't want to seem angry, but I was, at least a little bit. "We thought we'd wait, we wanted you to love u-" my dad cut off my mother, or shall I say my 'non-biological dad cut off my non-biological mother'? "We wanted you to be able to have a childhood without any worries and we wanted you to focus on other things" he smiled lightly, trying to brighten the mood. "We hope you do not hate us now" my mother was now sobbing a little. I was still going to call her my mother, regardless of what she really was to me, I could never call her Sylvia. And I could never call my dad Josh. "Of course I don't hate you" I stuttered. "You have the right to know" my dad added, "it was the right thing to do. Me and your mother weren't able to have any children so we decided to adopt. For years we couldn't find anyone that wanted to give their child up for adoption but then we found a family, that is how we found you. We were so happy, you were and will always will be the light in our lives, Fiona, we will love you no matter what you decide to do next." My dad was very good at this. Now my mother was straight up crying. "Mom, it's okay. I don't love you any less" I tried to calm her down. After a while of silence I overcame the feeling of being betrayed and lied to all my life and came to the conclusion that I would've done the same thing. At least they found it necessary for me to know, my adoption could've stayed in the dark forever without me even knowing about it. 

After a long pause of words, I finally spoke a clear sentence. "Where are they?" I asked, "do you know their names? How old are they? Why did they give me up for adoption?" "All we know is that they live in Ireland" my mother said, staring out the window. Somehow I had the feeling she was scared of me running away. I wasn't going to run away, I was going to find my parents. "Ireland?" my thoughts ran wild. "Yes, we don't have an address, nor do we have a phone number or an email address. All we know is they live in Mullingar, Ireland." Instantly I pictured what it would look like there. "Do you know if I was born there?" "We know nothing, as I said, sadly" my dad seemed worried. 

After all that happened, my only thought was: "I am going to Mullingar, Ireland."

Thank you for reading!! Please don't judge it's the first chapter.. leave feedback and vote!