Chapter 4

*Doctor's pov*

I am heading to my patient's room to inform her parent about her condition. And it is not gonna go well, in my opinion. Sigh. Well here goes nothing.

I arrive at her room and I take a deep breathe before opening the door and stepping in. I put on a fake smile and sit down. "So, the results have come in."

"Well? What did they say?" Kelley's mom asked. This is gonna be harder than I thought. "She lost a lot of blood, and there was trauma to her head....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
she's in a coma."

The looks on their faces was of pure shock and sadness. "We don't know if she will wake up, but she could either wake up or die from this. We can only hope and pray for the best." That is when my breathe stopped. Her mom and dad had started sobbing.... and I couldn't be around this anymore. "I will give you some time to digest this."

I left the room and went into the break room and just broke down into sobs. I just can't take the look of heartbreak anymore. I suddenly feel a hand on my shoulder and I look up to see Sarahlise looking at me. Sarahlise is a blonde-headed nurse with ice blue eyes.

"Are you okay Doc?" She smiled at me calmly while I am frowning devastated-ly. "No. I can't take it anymore! I went to my patient's parents and told them the news on their daughter..... and the look on their faces just broke my heart, you know?" I look down at Kelley's file and my frown deepens. "I don't know how that feels, but I can tell you that if we have hope... she might just wake up and survive this." At those words from Sarahlise, I looked up at her and finally smiled a genuine smile. "Thanks Sarahlise."

"Now go get some coffee or something to help you calm down." She helped me off the floor and pushed me towards the cafeteria. "Okay, thanks again" I called out to her as I walked away and I heard her scream back 'you're welcome'.

A/N: so this one was a bit longer in my opinion, so I hope you like it!

Don't forget to vote and comment!!