High School

High School. It's great, they say. You'll have fun, they say. Well, Castiel didn't have fun. Two years into and he hated it. All the clichés were true. He was a skinny, nerdy, pale like a sheet, teenage boy. Now, that didn't mean people hated him, but they did. It helped that Gabriel, his bigger brother, was fairly popular though, so people left him alone. During lunch, he always sat outside, under one of the trees behind the school building. It was mostly quiet there and he's only been followed there once, by a jock who'd called him names, but left when Castiel didn't react. He never reacted in front of people, but when he was at home, behind closed doors and in the safety of his room, he cried. Not full on crying and sobbing, just angry tears. He wondered what he did wrong to have such a crappy life and why he had to move cities, getting separated from his friends. It wasn't fair. He missed his small group of people. Sometimes, he'd go out with Gabriel, but it sucked most of the times. His friends didn't like Castiel. No one liked Castiel. It probably didn't help that he was gay. He flung himself on his bed and crossed his arms behind his head, sighing. He should be doing homework, but he was tired. At first, it was okay for him to not have friends, but now it just sucked. He was either at school or at home - or at the library. Castiel liked it there, it was quiet and peaceful and the smell of books made him feel at ease. It made him feel a little more settled inside. A knock on his door made him jump - he didn't noticed that he'd fallen asleep. "Cassie? Can I come in? Is it safe to come in?" He can hear Gabriel laughing. Castiel rolled his eyes and got up to open the door. His snarky response got stuck in his throat when he saw a blond boy standing behind Gabriel, way taller. He looked disinterested and was leaning against the wall, with his arms crossed over his chest. "We wanted to eat dinner at the diner a couple minutes out of town, because both," he pointed between them and the blond boy. "Our parents aren't home and I can't cook. Dean's younger brother, Sam, will come with us." Castiel gulped."Sam?" He heard of him before. Sam was a common name, though, so he probably didn't know him. It didn't matter anyway. Castiel glanced at his school bag to find an excuse. Dean, who was now looking at him, made him nervous. He was beautiful, someone Castiel would dream of. "It will be fun." Gabriel cupped his cheeks with both his hands and made Castiel look at him. "Or do you wanna eat here all by yourself in dark like you always do?" It was supposed to be teasing, but it stung nonetheless. Gabriel was right though, Castiel always ate at home. Dean was raising his eyebrows at him and then looked at his phone. "Sam's gonna come over soon," he said, his voice sending chills up Castiel's spine. He imagined what Dean would sound like in bed or wh- Stop! You only just met him, Castiel thought, stop sexualising him. "He is a nice boy and I don't bite," he added with a wink. If Castiel weren't gripping the door frame, he was pretty sure he'd fallen over. He felt his cheeks heating and cursed himself. How did this make him so flustered. Maybe because no one ever really flirts with you, the voice in the back of his head said. He's not flirting, Castiel restored and flushed even more. He turned around to grab some fresh clothes from his wardrobe. If he was going out, he was trying to look good at least. Though, he didn't care much about his appearance. Maybe he should start? Nah, too much effort.