Chapter XII: Please Don't Leave Me

Sorry for the wait :D I have had quite the busy week, but I'm back on now, so hopefully by the end of this week, I would have about 2-3 chapters put up. Enjoy {:

'Dianna! Dianna, wait up!' I ran after her as she was pacing fastly through the main hall. It was decorated just as back when we had the Yule Ball in Year Three. It was once again on Christmas day, but it wasn't called 'The Christmas Ball' clearly because there was the Triwizard Tournament coming up. But anyway, I was moving my feet as quickly as I possibly could to get to Dianna, but she seemed impossible to reach. I could hear the click-clacking of her heels way on the other side of the hallway. There were students there, looking at me with a questioning look on their faces. But I couldn't think of them. My girlfriend had been acting weird for half of the night and I wasn't one to push that to the side. 

'Draco, I can not speak right now, I need to go take a shower!' she said loudly so I could hear. I knew she was lying, I could sense that a mile away. But her voice was cracking, it almost seemed like she had been crying. 

'Please, stop, because of me.' I begged. And she stopped. I bent over a little, just so I could rest. She didn't dare to turn around, so she just crossed her arms in front of her chest. 

'What do you want, Draco?' she asked.

'I want to know what the bloody hell if going on with you! At first you were all happy and everything, now you're in a bad mood? What is happening here, could you please inform me? Am I missing something?' I asked, a little disturbed. 

'You want me to inform you? You want me to inform you? Are you being serious? I am not in the mood for this.' she said.

I stepped over to her, putting my hand on her shoulder. 

'Look, I'm sorry for screaming at you, it's just I got a little upset because you were feeling dull and I... I don't know what to say... I love you so much, I am so sorry to have told you this.' I apologized, hoping she would take it.

'If you really love me, Draco... Then you will let me go. Just for this once. I need some alone time to catch my thoughts and put them in one. I need to figure out what for Merlin's sake I am doing, because I am clearly not doing anything correctly.' she took my hand in hers.

'What do you mean - you're not doing anything correctly?' I looked at her, this time facing her. I was right, she had been crying.

'Please... Just... I'll explain everything later, I promise.' she told me with a very raspy and tired voice.

I shook my head 'no'. 

'No, no... You are not walking away from me on your birthday. Today was supposed to be special, remember?' I said looking into her eyes.

'I do, I remember, and it will be, Draco, but for now let's keep it on hold, I really need to just lie down and rest a little bit.' she said, after which she let out a loud scream that echoed through the hallways, probably being just as loud as the music that way playing in the ball room. She looked like she was about to cry out even more. 

'Look, Draco, I really need to go...' she said. I was about to protest, but then she kissed me. That was probably the most passionate kiss she and I had ever shared. Ever. She kissed me like it was our last time together. So deeply, so intensely. Then she took my hands in hers, intwining our fingers. She kept on kissing me for a few more seconds, when she parted away from me, looking straight into my eyes. She was crying again. 

'I love you...' she whispered, kissing my neck lightly. 'I really do. And if you love me like you claim you do, you will stay here, not chase after me. Please.' she said weakly, crying again. I hugged her and kissed her forehead.