Chapter 5: Complicated

New chapter ay. Enjoy my fellow readers. ♡♡♡

Ash's POV

I watched as Dawn walked away from me and disappeared from sight. I still couldn't believe what I just heard.. Dawn.. loved me? I sighed as I fell onto the snow filled ground. My back felt a bit cold but I didn't really care. I looked up at the clear blue sky and suddenly I saw Dawn smiling down at me.

"No need to worry!" I could hear her saying that in my head.

"Gaaaahhhhhhhhh!!" I shouted as I tried to get the image of Dawn out of my head. I tried to think of something else like Serena but that didn't exactly work. "Maybe I should just head back to Serena and apologize to Dawn tomorrow.." I sighed as I got up from the snow and started making my way back towards the Pokemon center.

At the Pokemon Center

"Ash, you're back!" Serena said running up to me and hugging me. "I was so worried." I smiled at her and hugged her tight then let go as I started making my way towards my room with Serena following behind me.

"Where's Clemont and Bonnie?" I asked looking around the room. "Clemont went to the shop to buy a few things for a new invention and Bonnie's asleep in our own room." She smiled. "I see.." I said laying down in my own bed with my arms crossed behind my head.

"Are you okay? Do you wanna talk?" She asked me. I looked at her then at the window and saw that it was snowing a bit. I could see Dawn smiling again but this time holding her first contest ribbon.

My eyes widened and that's when I realized I never picked up Dawn's contest ribbon. I left it there laying in the woods! I got off my bed and started making my way out the Pokemon center.

"Ash! Where are you going?" Serena shouted.

"I've gotta get Dawn's contest ribbon! I left it in the Winding Woods! I'll be baaaack!" I said running into the woods. I could hear Serena calling out to me but ignored it and kept running. I'm gonna find that ribbon no matter what! I made it into the woods and found the same log I was sitting on and started looking around for the ribbon. It began to snow harder as I searched for the ribbon. 

I fell to the ground on my knees and began digging through the snow trying my best to find where the ribbon was. I started coughing and I could see my own breath. It was getting really cold and the snow was getting heavy. That wasn't going to stop me from looking. I kept on digging through the snow just to find the ribbon.

"Ash! Ash!!" I looked behind me to see Serena running up to me. "Serena.." I said. I felt like passing out from this intense cold. "Ash, please! Stop! It's getting really cold out here. Please come back with me to the Pokemon center." She pleaded. "I can't go back yet!! Not until I find Dawn's contest ribbon!!" I shouted and kept on digging through the snow. "Ash, please!!" I ignored Serena's constant pleas and kept on looking for the ribbon. I started breathing heavily and my whole body began to feel cold. 

I felt like I was about to give up until I found something glistening behind one of the trees. I looked to see a budew holding up Dawn's contest ribbon. I ran up to the small Pokemon and bent down to retrieve the ribbon. It smiled at me and happily gave me the ribbon. "T-Thank y-you," I shivered, "I d-d-don't know w-what I'd d-d-do without this t-t-thanks to y-y-you." It smiled at me and disappeared into the woods.

"Ash!! Let's hurry back before the snow gets anymore harder!!" I looked over at Serena and suddenly felt myself collapsing. The last thing I saw was snow falling and Serena running over to me shouting my name. Everything then went black...

With the help of Braixen and Pancham, Serena carried Ash back to the Pokemon Center

"Ash? Ash!" I opened my eyes to see Serena, Clemont, and Bonnie looking at me worriedly. The room was really bright so I had to squint my eyes a bit. "Thank goodness you're okay." Serena said hugging me. "What happened..?" I asked as I got up and looked around to see that I was in one of the Pokemon center's rooms. 

"I'm glad you're okay, Ash." Nurse Joy smiled as she walked into the room with a cart with some soup and tea. Wigglytuff followed behind her holding a glass bottle. "Thank you, Nurse Joy." She placed the cart next to my bed and smiled at me. She then took the glass bottle from Wigglytuff and placed it on the cart. "Add a few drops to your tea in case of a fever." She said before leaving the room. 

"You gave us quite a scare there, Ash." Clemont said sitting on a nearby chair.

"What were you doing anyways?" Bonnie asked me.

"I was looking for--" My eyes widened and I stopped for a moment. I felt my pockets then looked around the room. "What's wrong, Ash?" Serena asked. "Dawn's ribbon.. Where is it? I know I found it.. Where--" I started looking again. "Ash.. You never found it." Serena stated. "What? That's not true! I did find it! I remember I did!" I shouted. Serena looked at me and shook her head, "maybe you thought you did but.. you didn't find any ribbon." Serena told me. 

I looked down at my hands and breathed heavily. I swore I had round the ribbon.. I had found the ribbon before collapsing..

I'm so sorry.. Dawn..

Serena's POV 

"I'll be back guys, keep an eye on Ash for me please." I said exiting the room. I peeked a bit to see Ash looking down at his hands sadly. I then looked at the ribbon in my hand and started walking towards my room. 

This is for the sake of me and Ash's relationship.. I won't let her ruin it. 

I hid the ribbon in my bag and started making my way back to the others.

With Dawn

"Piplup?" 

"I'm fine, Piplup." I said.

We were both on a train heading back to Couriway Town. I looked out the window to see Snowbelle city disappearing behind the trees. I then looked down at ground and started to feel sad once again.

This is.. probably for the best.. 

So, I'm pretty sure this is a long chapter I just did

So, I'm pretty sure this is a long chapter I just did. ._. But anyways, how'd you like it? :D Was it okay? Let me know please! Vote & comment! ((I made this picture by the way and you're free to save it anytime. :3)) Update ya soon, bros!