Chapter 7.

Filler: *Please read!* Klaus has forced Katrine and Dustin to move to Mystic Falls, so he could keep a closer eye on them. That is all.

I was sat at my new window seat. The book in my lap held loosely in my grasp as I half read the ink filled pages and half gazed at the world passing by outside.

Mystic Falls wasn't exactly a lively place, but I was already becoming attached to the tranquility of the place. My eyes idly followed a jogger ambling by on the sidewalk. I returned my attention to the Charles Dicken's novel that I had been engrossed in since the night before.

The low rumble of a car engine as I let my eyes fall back to my book. I was dimly aware of the car coming to a stop in front of my new house. The sound the engine cut out.

Suddenly, my attention was on the outside world again, the fictional world of Oliver Twist was left behind, when I craned my neck, attempting to get a better view of the road. My eyes glimpsed a lone figure standing in my driveway, my breath hitched in my throat.

Klaus was back.

Hurray.... *Insert Sarcasm Here*

If he was back, it meant he had a job for us. Well, for Dusty, but he knew that I would insist on tagging along. It infuriated me how he thought he could push my buttons and manipulate me into doing what he wanted. This time, I would keep my temper in control, or at least, try to. I had been managing better with my sudden bouts of anger since I had activated the gene. Dusty had helped me a lot, considering he had to go through them himself.

Warily, my eyes ran over Klaus' form as he made his way up our driveway. His hair was still in short curls and his clothes were entirely black. Man, he's really embracing this whole 'bad guy' image, huh? I could faintly hear his delicate footsteps on the gravel. I tilted my head, calculating the way his walk made his arms swing casually at his sides.

As if sensing my gaze, he looked up to my window. Even from a distance, I could see that dimpled smirk on his face. I rolled my eyes, sighing as I did so. Dusty could deal with him first. My decision was to keep an ear on the conversation, until I was invited to join 'grown-up talk'.

There were three soft knocks on the door, then Dusty's footsteps, then the sound of the door opening.

"Klaus," Dusty acknowledged, closing the door behind him.

"Don't look so glum, Dustin, this is only the beginning." Klaus said. Will there ever be an ending?

Klaus' voice was so casual and friendly, that for a second I forgot he was devil spawn, but I couldn't help but admire how the polished affect his accent had on the whole 'evil villian' thing.

I heard Klaus' and Dusty's footsteps making their way around the living room. "A little smaller than your old place, am I correct?" Klaus asked.

"Well, this is the address you gave me. There has been some complications here and there, but it's not a bad house." Dusty shrugged.

"Speaking of complications, where's your sister?" Klaus asked.

"Upstairs."

"Well, I hope she'll be polite enough to listen from the same room, instead of eavesdropping all day." Klaus said, raising his voice.

"Ass." I muttered.

"I heard that."

"Yeah, you were supposed to." I retorted, closing my book with a loud snap.

I took my time getting down the stairs, skipping the last step, "Complication here."

Klaus had made himself at home, relaxing in an armchair. One leg rested over the other knee. Dusty sat on the couch, frowning at Klaus. I looked over to my brother, then back to Klaus, who was staring at me.

"Don't you have any other minions to order around?" I snapped.

"Yes," Klaus shrugged, "But for them, I don't need a good few hours to manipulate them to do my bidding."

"Is that British slang for torture? Manipulation?" I growled.

In a second, he was in front of me, his eyes turning yellow, "Don't forget that my blood saved your life." He spat.

"Don't forget that you said I owe you nothing." I shot back.

Klaus stepped away, clasping his hands behind his back.

"Listen, just tell me what I need to do, and leave. Enough with the games." Dusty said, standing up.

"I need you get to the Mystic Falls High School. I have a Senior Prank Night to spoil." Klaus said, his eyes not leaving mine.