The Death Trilogy Overture

Death had always surrounded Vern's family since they were discovered

  Death had always surrounded Vern's family since they were discovered. They were Wyverns, bound forever to the mystical Wyvern Lair, where hunted dragons live.  The lair was in a place no human had ever been before.  It was between the normal world, -the world of light- and the land of the dead, where Vern's parents and siblings now lived. Vern had watched in horror as a child when his last known family was torn to shreds during battle. That battle was part of a bigger war, where humans tried to execute all Wyverns, for the simple folk thought that they were too dangerous.

  The lair was divided by type; there were Water, Fire, Earth, Dark, Light, Ghost, Fairy, and Legend dragons. Vern was of Legend descent, but he wasn't treated like the others. He was normally cast off, so he resided to his room, where he would craft armor made out of Perunite, an ultra strong metal that was somehow as light as silk. Hunters would wear this to protect themselves against humans who would try to capture them.

  Vern only had one friend, Shena~Luna, a Dark/Legend mix. She was a Shen~Lung dragon, a mystical dragon as dark as the night. She was very long, and her barbed tail could wrap around a room. A mysterious stone was embedded into the space between her shoulder blades. It was slightly lighter than her scales and emitted an aura of light, ranging in colors from green to purple. No one had ever figured out what the stone did. Some thought that Shena~Luna could transform into something else; others believed that a residing evil was in the stone, and that she was protecting everyone by having it attached to her for all eternity.