A Yokai in America

"Excuse me sir" a female voice said. "Yes" a deep voice replied. "It seems we have a slight issue with the registered Yokai" the girl said. "What kind of slight issue?" the man asked. "Well Mr. Kalan, there are are reports of a unregistered Ame Otoko." The girl replied to the man's frustration. "Fetch me my coat I shall go retrieve him myself" he replied.

This is where I come in.

"It's always raining where I am, quite dreary." I thought to myself holding my green umbrella up.

I'm Matthew a nineth grader. I'm a little chubby with pale skin and dull green eyes. I typically wear a solid blue shirt and blue shorts to match. I also sport black shoes ,which don't really go with my outfit. Also I have thick curly brown hair which is a pain to deal with.
                   "I'm home!" I yelled walking into the orphanage I live in. My parents died when I was young and nobody else wants me, because of the rain I bring with me. I walked back outside and sat under a tree to calm my nerves.
                  "There he is." My foster mom said pointing out the window. I could see a man in a big black trench coat walking out the door. In my opinion, he looked like death coming for me. "Excuse me, are you Matthew?" He asked. "Yes sir" I replied not even looking up to see him. "Who are you?" I asked. "My name is Mr. Kalan, a pleasure." He replied. "Why are you out in the rain?" He asked. "I don't have to explain myself to you." I replied. "What do you want?" I asked in anger. "I want to talk and make a offer." He replied calmly. "What kind of offer?" I asked curiously. "Do you want the rain to stop?" He asked. "No" I replied almost immediately. "Why?" He asked me. "Because the rain is the only thing I can count on, my only friend." I explained. "You're not human Matthew" he started, "And neither am I." He finished. "Don't care" I replied. "We are yokai." He said looking at me. "What is a Yokai?" I asked puzzled. "Yokai are japenese mythical beings with incredible powers, I am a Kirin and you a Ame Otoko." He explained. "Ame Otoko?" I said confused. "Rain Man in other words." He replied. "Let me guess you've figured out you can do other things with the rain, for example creating a sphere out of rain that covers the victims face and drowns them huh?" He said almost knowing what I was thinking. "Good now you will know what will happen to you." I said calmly forming the sphere and trying to drown him. "Won't work on me." He replied breathing under water. "How?" I said frightened. "Here you go." He said giving me a necklace. "Try it on." He added. The rain stopped the minute I put the necklace on. "What's going on?" I asked confused. "That's a magic necklace that prays away the rain." He explained. "You may have it." He said as my attack stopped and the water dropped from his face. "I've decided to adopt you, you might prove useful in the future." He said sending me in tears. "Thank you." I replied in tears.