PROLOGUE: Beginning of the End

PAST: (Y/N) pov.

I was sitting on the couch watching TV as I ate some leftovers from Grillbys . Papyrus was out at Undynes and Sans was working. I smiled as I thought about my pun loving boyfriend. It had been a couple of months since I ended up here and met the skelebros. Soon enough I fell in love with sans and two months ago we became an official couple. We were happy the happiest we could be. Everyday was like a breath of fresh air, and we enjoyed every moment we had.

I couldn't see myself without Sans I don't know what I would do. Before I met him, the reason I actually climbed this mountain was to get away. Away from the bad memories , the pain, the sadness...

I shook my head as I rid myself of those thoughts.

"Come on (y/N) it's all in the past , forget about those bad memories" I told myself as I sighed

Soon enough Papyrus came through the door energetic as usual.

"I THE GREAT PAPYRUS IS HOME AND HAVE LEVELED UP GREATLY IN COOKING!"

I giggled at his antics it never ceases to amuse me. " Hey Papyrus ,so what did you learn?" I asked somewhat interested

"I SHALL LET YOUR TASTE BUDS SEE FOR THEMSELVES FOR YOU SHALL EXPERIENCE FLAVOR YOU HAVE NEVER EXPERIENCED BEFORE!"

I looked at Papyrus, I could see the excitement in his face. I was wary but I couldn't turn him down. " Okay then GREAT Papyrus enchant me" I said giggling a little

"NYEH HEH HEH BE PREPARED HUMAN FOR I THE GREAT PAPYRUS SHALL KNOCK YOUR SOCKS OFF WITH MY DELICIOUS MEAL"

I laughed as he ran into the kitchen making noises as pots and pans were clanging. Thats when I suddenly realised Sans wasn't with him. Usually when Papyrus came home Sans was right behind him.

"Hey Papyrus where's Sans?" I asked him

"OH BROTHER?, ON MY WAY HOME THROUGH WATERFALL HE SAID HE HAD SOME THINGS TO DO AND HE'LL BE LATE"

"Oh" I said. It was little odd to me but I didn't let it bother me. Maybe Alphys asked him to help with something. I told myself not bothering about it.

After awhile Papyrus finally came out with the food and it was then my stomach decided to growl.

"NYEH HEH HEH YOUR STOMACH CANT WAIT TO TRY MY PERFECTION I SEE , WELL I SHALL NOT KEEP YOU WAITING EAT UP" Papyrus said excited.

I dug into the spaghetti chewed for awhile and then stopped as my face began to turn green. I looked at Papyrus hopefulness in his eyes. I couldn't spit this out , not in front of papy but the taste of the food wasn't helping either. With my cheeks full I smiled warily.

"Um...Paps what did you put in this?" I said mouthful

"WHY MY SECRET INGREDIENT OF COURSE" paps said proudly

"Which is?"

"(y/N) IT WOULDN'T BE A SECRET IF I TOLD YOU"

Papyrus refused to say what it was and you had bigger problems.

Face still green you forcibly swallowed the food gagging a bit but not to PAPYRUS attention.

"SO HOW DID IT TASTE (Y/N)?" he asked expectant

"It was amazing. Couldn't have done it better myself " you said smiling and gagging a few times.

"THAT IS GREAT WHY DON'T YOU EAT SOME MORE"

Your eyes dart around room as Papyrus asked you to eat more.

"Uh. Hey it's the dog again!" you quickly said pointing anywhere.

"NYEH!WHERE !?" PAPYRUS questioned falling for it.

"It ran out the door with a pack of spaghetti!" I faked

"I SHALL CATCH THE MEDDLING CANINE ONCE AND FOR ALL, ILL BE RIGHT BACK HUMAN FINISH THE FOOD!" he yelled as he bolted outside

I let go a sigh of relief as I quickly scooped up the spaghetti and placed it back in the pot running to the bathroom where I let out the contents of that lunch.
"I....thought... I was gonna die " I said
Cleaning myself I went back downstairs and relaxed.

......TIME SKIP BECAUSE IM LAZYYYYYYYYYY.........

After awhile Papyrus came back saying how the dog fooled him again. It was late now and sans still hadn't come back. I had planned to stay up all night to wait for him but I was getting tired. I went up stairs to sans room and went on bed thinking about where he could be then suddenly the door opened to reveal sans.

"You still up (y/n)?" sans asked looking at me

"You missed me that much you couldn't sleep ?" he chuckled

"Where were you?" I asked him ignoring what he said before

"Had some stuff to do" he said taking off his jacket as he closed the door behind him.

"I was starting to get worried you know , I thought that..that maybe.."

" maybe what?....." sans questioned as he stopped his movements

"I don't know, something bad probably happened to you" I say

"HEH heh" sans chuckled at me or can I even say that, for some reason it almost sounded mocking.

I felt a little taken aback by his "chuckle"

"(y/n) everyone down here is friendly why would you think that?" sans questioned his tone getting serious at the end.

I frowned sans wasn't acting like his usual self. " sans is their something wrong" I asked changing the topic.

Sans sat on the bed not looking at me. " sigh.. why would you think that?" he sounded tired now. He didn't want to continue this conversation, I knew sans well enough when he didn't feel like speaking.

My frown got deeper as I turned on my side facing away from him. "You never tell me anything..." I whispered but enough for him to hear.

Sans said nothing and layer down on the bed facing away from me. At that moment I felt like I lost something, even though the person I loved was laying down in the bed next to me I felt alone. It had been so long since I felt like that and I hated it.

It didn't take long for things spiral out of control...