Chapter Sixteen: Final Preparations

Sergio stared at the calendar trying to wrap his head around the fact that it was nearly Christmas, the past few weeks seemed to just fly-by and he almost couldn't believe that things had changed so much.

He was slowly working out what he was going to do when Camille went into labour, she was thirty-eight weeks pregnant and Sergio was a little nervous about missing the birth of his third child.

Everything seemed to be going well with Camille's pregnancy and Sergio did what he could to keep up-to-date with everything that was going on with her and the baby.

"Sergio?" Pilar asked stepping into the kitchen, she had brought the boys around to see him and she was a little nervous after how things had ended between them.

It was no secret that Pilar had gotten back together with her ex-boyfriend, Xavier Arevalo had coped rather well with dating Pilar and spending time around her sons by Sergio.

"The boys were hoping for some lunch," Pilar mumbled, she had attempted to keep things as calm as possible since she had started dating Xavier again and she understood that Sergio had every right to be upset about this.

This wasn't how she had intended for things to work out but Pilar knew that there was no way that they could go back to how things had been; she was relieved that she didn't have to fight with Sergio anymore.

Sergio nodded his head, snapping out of his thoughts and moved to make some lunch; he wasn't happy that Pilar was lingering around when he was spending time with Junior and Marco.

It made everything even more uncomfortable especially since Pilar had moved on with her life now; Sergio had been surprised when he had heard the news she was dating Xavier again.

That alone made every concern about the man that he'd had during the four years that they had dated come to life; Sergio had never thought that this would happen.

***

"How are you feeling?" Charlene asked sipping on her drink, her eyes keeping a close eye on Gabriella and Jacques while they toddled around the living room; it was a lovely afternoon and they were admiring the tree.

It was the first Christmas that the twins would really remember and they seemed to understand that something was rather different this time of year.

Camille was relieved not to be here, she was spending more and more time with her step-mother now that she was very pregnant; it was better than sitting at home doing nothing unable to leave the house.

The paparazzi seemed to be preparing for the day that she went into labour, she could barely leave her home without being followed even if she was just going to the shops.

"Fat," Camille muttered resting her hand on bump, baby was moving a lot more recently and she knew that it was time to start counting down until her due date.

She was thirty-eight weeks pregnant now and it was starting to dawn on her that in a matter of weeks she would be a mother; she had worked hard to ensure that her home was ready.

Villa Clos Saint-Martin had been her home since Camille had been gifted the residence by her father, it was to give her some space and she still held rooms of her own in the Prince's Palace of Monaco.

The Palace of Monaco had been her childhood home and Camille sometimes preferred being there, it was a large place that allowed the ever growing family to live together.

"Cam," Gabriella squeaked toddling over to her older sister, a big smile on her face and a doll in her hands; she held out the doll hoping that Camille would play with her.

Camille felt guilty that she wasn't able to play with her sister, she couldn't get on the floor since there was little chance that she would be able to get up again.

"Maybe later," Camille said knowing that Gabriella would be disappointed, however there was nothing that she could do about that right now when she was so pregnant; she felt tired a lot and her younger siblings had so much energy.

Gabriella frowned before clambering up onto the couch next to Camille, her eyes moving to focus on the bump that her sister now carried that hadn't been there before.

"Baba," Gabriella stated resting her hand on the bump carefully, she tilted her head remembering how her mother had told her that she was going to be an aunt.

Camille's baby would only be two years younger than her half-siblings and the brunette felt a little strange about that idea; she had never thought that it would happen so soon.

"That's right... there's a baby in there," Charlene encouraged, she wasn't sure how Gabriella or Jacques would take the baby that Camille was going to have but it would give her an idea how they would react to any future siblings.

Charlene and Albert weren't in any hurry to have another child just yet since the twins were such a handful but it was something that they both wanted again in the future.

Jacques wandered across to join them, he had grown tired about playing by himself and he wanted to see what was going on; he stopped by his mother while he watched his two sisters.

There was so much going on right now and the twins had heard a lot about Pere Noel and that he brought presents for good girls and boys; they were sure to be on his nice list this year.

***

Albert lead Camille down the corridor, he had done a lot of thinking about all of this and he knew that he wanted the best for his first grandchild; he wished that there was something that he could do to make them more secure.

It had taken him a while but his surprise was finally finished and Albert was hopeful that she would like this; he stopped in front of a door and slowly opened it allowing them both inside.

Camille stopped completely at the sight of the very elegant nursery that was inside, the room was in her chambers that she held when she was staying with her father and step-mother.

"You didn't have to do this," Camille whispered stepping further into the room, it was rather white and she had to admit that she hadn't expected this.

It had never really struck her that her father might actually be looking forward to the birth of his first grandchild; Albert had been supportive but rather quiet on the subject.

Camille had heard that he was disappointed that he would not be able to grant the child some sort of child; his council had advised against it especially since his own children born out of wedlock were untitled.

If Albert was to offer such a title even a minor one to Camille's child that was born out of wedlock, then he would have to offer the same to Jazmin and Alexandre, his own child out of wedlock; something that would displease a lot of people.

"I wanted you both to have somewhere to stay while you are here," Albert replied knowing that while his grandchild might never hold a royal title, he would do everything to ensure that the baby would want for nothing even when he passed on.

Time was slowly running down and Albert knew that Sergio wasn't going to be able to here in Monaco with Camille and the baby for long; it would probably be a good idea for the pair to stay at the palace when the baby was born for the first few months.