✫ C h a p t e r 2 ✫

Ladybug's delicate feet smashed through the large, decorative butterfly window, immediately interrupting the intense conversation between Chat Noir and Hawk Moth. After that instant, everything went downhill. It seemed to happen all at once, only in slow motion...

Chat Noir had turned his attention away from Hawk Moth to watch the colorful glass shatter as it hit the ground. With Ladybug not yet standing on her feet and Chat Noir distracted, the appalling villain took his opportunity to take Chat Noir's miraculous away from him. He began to quickly run towards the black cat with his elegant purple cane in his hand.

At that point, Ladybug watched in pure horror as she suddenly looked up to witness Hawk Moth's sharp cane piercing completely though Chat Noir's leather suit and abdomen. With a sly grin, Hawk Moth roughly yanked his enchanted weapon out immediately after, leaving a hole through Chat Noir's stomach.

The teenage girl's bright blue eyes went as wide as they could and her scream became as loud as physically possible, "Adrien?! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!" Ladybug quickly picked herself up to run over the broken glass in order to rush over to her partner. At that point, Chat Noir was beginning to collapse down onto the ground.

Hawk Moth instantly froze in place. His eyes broadened before taking a few steps back from the injured black cat. Hawk Moth looked down at his cane, which was now stained in his own son's blood. His voice was a mere whisper, "A-Adrien?"

Ignoring Hawk Moth's presence completely, Ladybug allowed for her knees to collapse down onto the cold ground so that she would be much closer to her partner. She frantically began to apply pressure to the wound, repetitively saying how he would be alright. Of course, both of the teenagers knew that there was no hope for him anymore.

Chat Noir pushed Ladybug's hand away from his wound and held her hand in his instead. Ladybug's tears were dripping down in droplets onto Chat Noir's face. She felt so helpless. "C'mon, Adrien. Please. Please, don't leave me. I need you!"

Chat Noir opened up his mouth to speak and began to choke on his own blood. He forced a smile, despite his great pain. "Forgive him, Ladybug. He...doesn't realize what...he's done." With the remaining strength that he had left, Chat Noir lifted his head up to kiss Ladybug's forehead before resting his head back onto the ground. His kiss left a lip imprint on her skin from the blood that had managed to escape from his mouth. "I...je t'aime toujours...mon cher." Without another word, his eyes shut slowly. All life had completely left his body.

Chat Noir's transformation wore off, forcing Plagg out from the miraculous. Despite the kwami's previous lack of affection, he was truly quite fond of the young boy. It troubled Plagg to see Adrien's life end so early. The kwami attempted to console the now grieving Ladybug. However, she remained a complete emotional wreck. Ladybug attempted to lift up Adrien's head, begging and pleading for him to wake up. Tears were continuously pouring from her eyes like waterfalls as she cradled her lover's lifeless body in her frail, unstable arms. It did not make it any easier for her that his blood would now most likely be permanently stained onto her hero's costume.

As she finally decided to look up at the despicable human being who was responsible for Adrien's death, Ladybug's despair quickly turned into a fit of rage. Her eyes, which were usually so pleasant and friendly, were now filled with a great amount of hatred. Even though the black cat and blond model would have wanted better, the young girl swore to herself that Hawk Moth would pay for what he had done. He would have his own life stolen from him...and she would be the one to take it from him.

Ladybug stood up with shaky, clenched fists. Her face was red and hot with anger, and her heart cold with loss. She loosened up her right hand to point her index finger in Hawk Moth's direction. Her eyes were stern, despite the tears that remained. "I'm going to kill you for what you just did, you bastard!" Ladybug moved her head slightly to glance down at Adrien's blood-soaked body lying down at her feet. She was much too emotionally distraught for anymore fighting. "But for now, take a moment to realize...realize that you just murdered your own son! And for--for what? A stupid ring!"

Ladybug bent down to pick up Adrien's body in order to carry him bridal style, with a dismal Plagg resting on his chest. She quickly escaped the lair, leaving Hawk Moth completely alone with his own thoughts.

 She quickly escaped the lair, leaving Hawk Moth completely alone with his own thoughts