14 | Too Close

30 January 2015

I don't even know. . .

— (Y/N) xx

"What happened?"

"I don't know, she just collapsed, I guess?"

The voices had become muddled in your mind, so much that you didn't know who they belonged to anymore. It felt as if your eyelids had been glued shut; no matter how hard you tried they would not obey your command to open. You were stuck and the loudness had begun to spark your anxiety.

Someone called out your name, but it did not sound normal; it was distant and ghost-like.

At last, your body had obeyed your commands and your eyelids fluttered open — slowly. The surroundings were blurry, but you could still make out (Y/F/N)'s fuzzy figure along with Dan's. Your friend had a look of concern etched onto her features — the quantity of emotions running through her eyes becoming clearer once your vision had fully recuperated. Dan was now crouched in front of you, his appearance revealing that he was still trying to make sense of the situation.

"Here, drink this." Someone — most likely (Y/F/N) — shoved a soda can in your face.

You shook your disoriented head, declining the person's offer. "No, I—I think I'm fine."

"Please, just drink it; it will make you feel better." The person pressured, gesturing to the can full of the fizzy beverage.

"(Y/F/N), just leave her, I'll take care of this." Dan dismissed your friend. She hesitated in her spot, but ended up leaving with a frown creasing the corners of her lips.

Once it was just the two of you, your released a deep sigh. Dan moved closer, placing his large hands on either side of your face; his eyes were closely examining you. His intimidating chocolate gaze made you shrink further into the wall, looking anywhere but at him. You had hardly noticed when his hands shifted from your cheeks in order to rest over your carotid artery on your neck.

"Hm, your heart rate's pretty high," he announced in a hushed tone, removing his fingers from their place on your neck. In the time that you were consciously aware of your surroundings you had failed to acknowledge the fact that your heart was pounding against your ribcage — like an untamed animal attempting to escape.

Dan stood up, his height towering over your crouching body. He extended his hand to you, helping you slowly from your low position. He had begun to lead you out of the flat and into the outside world for some fresh air.

You had not thought to bring any outerwear with you; the coldness ran through your body, goosebumps beginning to rise over the flesh on your arms and legs.

"Sorry, I know it's cold, but I though your were in need of some fresh air." He rambled off.

"Dan, it's fine, I feel better now," you reassured, pressing your body closer to his in an attempt to leech off of his body heat.

"Oh, um, is this better?" He placed his arms around your frame, holding your close against him. Rather than responding your nodded your head against the fabric of his t-shirt, humming contentedly.

____________________

A/N:

So, I spontaneously got this idea and was like "Eh, why not?" So, that's why this chapter is sort of random...

xx