Oneshot - Tickles

Yuuri looks really frustrated. He puts the palm of his hand to his face and rubs it. We've already spent a large part of the afternoon here, trying to play that game he loves so much.

—No, not like that, Wolfram!

—Don't get desperate! What's wrong now? This can't be so complicated!

—But you're holding it incorrectly again!

—It's just a stupid stick, how is it possible to hold it wrongly?

—It's not stupid! You don't understand anything...

No, in fact I don't understand anything. I can't understand this game, even if Yuuri loves it with all his heart. It means nothing to me.

They use a big stick, a glove and a ball. Then they follow the rules to take their positions in the field, and play with these things. I've already read about that, it wasn't so hard to get the idea, no matter what he asked me about the positions or the details, I was able to remember everything perfectly. I was able to impress him, but it was easy, there was nothing so hard to learn.

Except holding the stick. It seems it's much more complicated than I'm able to understand. I have no idea what the correct position is.

I'm standing sideways at the batter's position, and I have to look towards the pitcher and hit the ball before the catcher can get a hold of it. Yuuri is playing as pitcher, even when he said his favorite position is catcher. We haven't any more people, we're alone in the field. That's why he ended up in that position, or at least he was there, because now he insists that I'm holding the bat incorrectly and I don't know how to... swing it?, so he came to the batter home to try and fix it.

How difficult can it be to stand here and hold the stick to hit the ball?

—You don't have to get angry at me.

—Okay —he says with his arms folded over his chest. He's thinking. This isn't working, I can't play baseball with him after all. I can imagine he's going to say that he prefers to go back to the castle, he'll do better with Weller for sure, that man's also a baseball fan and he knows how to play. —Let's just try throwing and catching.

I was wrong, he doesn't look angry anymore. He looks happy checking the globes at the box, taking them one by one, touching and turning them around in his hands. I'm glad he didn't want to stop.

—This is the best one, here. I can use this other one that's not bad either, but I prefer you have the best because I'm already used to them and I can use any one, but you're a beginner.

—T-thanks.

Don't try to win over me with your weird praises, Yuuri. I'm still upset because you screamed at me just a moment ago, you can't change your mood just like that, it's not appropriate.

But I know even if I said that he won't listen, even if I try to get him to change, he's not going to do it. He's still wimpy and naive and trusting, and he's still going to town or other places without bodyguards. We shouldn't even be here alone, but there's nothing I can do about that, I knew he would come. I would rather him do it with me if he's going to do it anyways.

He looks so happy, smiling broadly while he waves the hand with the ball. There's at least five meters of distance between him and me. He asks me if I'm ready and I reply yes, he throws the ball, I catch it with the glove. It feels weird to catch something with this thick thing covering my hand, but it's not difficult to do. He's glad, he praises me. I throw the ball back.

He's having fun.

If he has fun, everyone else around him will end up having fun too. It's inevitable, it's his personal charm that very few are able to understand. However, you don't need to think too much about it, Yuuri's just like that. He's cute and cheerful, that's why people feel caught up in his good mood.