Once A Fan...

Excitedly Maya sat down on the couch and placed the laptop on her lap. It had been a long day at work and she'd just got home and couldn't wait to finally read that interview her boyfriend Matthew had given to one of the most popular magazines in the US.

Almost two years ago Maya had been in New York City for holidays and had visited the musical The Lion King. Only minutes after she'd taken her seat she had realized that there was Matthew Gray Gubler sitting next to her. Maya had been a fan of him and his work since quite a long time and have had a pretty hard time to not let show her excitement. But she had bitten her lips and tried to enjoy the musical while she had been aware of who was sitting next to her.

During the break in the middle of the musical, Maya had left her seat to get herself something to drink and coincidentally Matthew has had the same idea as her, so they both had ended up waiting in the line to get some water or soft drinks. Maya had thought frenetically if she should start a conversation with him, but then didn't because she had been too shy.

Thankfully Matthew had turned around to her and asked if she was sitting next to him and how she was liking the musical so far. That had been the beginning of a conversation that had continued after the musical had been over and during a cup of coffee.

Two days later Maya and Matthew had strolled through New York City and he had shown her his favorite places. It had been Maya's first time in that huge city while Matthew had been here several times. They had both enjoyed the company and when Maya had to go back to Orlando, Florida, Matthew had even accompanied her to the J.F.K. airport.

Their friendship had been quite unexpected for Maya and she had been amazed how down to earth Matthew was although people recognized him on the streets, no matter where he was going.

They'd exchanged phone numbers and only three days after Maya had been back to Orlando, Matthew had called and invited her to Los Angeles. She hadn't believed it at first but then he'd sent a plane ticket. She'd stood there open mouthed, starring at the plane ticket and she had started to realize that he really wanted to see her.

And that was kind of the start of their relationship. Since a year Maya was living with him in Los Angeles now and she really liked that place. She liked Matthew's house that was a bit crazy, she'd tell. She liked his friends, she felt comfortable here.

Maya made herself comfortable on the couch now and searched for Matthew's interview on the internet. A smile creeped on her lips when she finally found it and clicked on it. There were some really nice pictures of him added to the interview and for a moment they had all of Maya's attention. But then she shook her head and focused on the written words.

Ten minutes later Maya was so absorbed into the interview that she didn't hear the front door open and close. She also didn't hear footsteps coming closer.

"Oh, are you fangirling about me again?"

Matthew's voice made Maya wince and she turned around so fast, her laptop fell from the couch. "Matthew!", she exclaimed and fished for the laptop to put it back next to her. Matthew laughed out loud and sidestepped a pillow Maya had just thrown his way.

"How dare you to frighten me like that?!", she asked, glancing at him. He was still chuckling and came closer again now.

"I'm sorry, I had no idea you didn't hear me", he apologized and let himself sink on the couch slowly. Maya scooted closer and allowed him to cup her face and gently kiss her.

"I wasn't fangirling over you", she mumbled against his lips, what made him laugh again. "I was just reading your interview. I was curious. Just because I didn't tell you that I was a fan of yours long before we met for the first time, doesn't mean I'm hiding that now", Maya explained as soon as he had let go of her again.

Matthew smirked. "I know that, of course. I was just teasing you." He reached his arms towards his girlfriend and she snuggled into his embrace. With closed eyes Maya took a deep breath of his smell.

"How was your day?", she then asked and looked up at him. He sighed and pulled her closer.

"It was good but exhausting. And I'm starving. We could order some takeout food?", he suggested and Maya nodded, sitting up straight now. She loved ordering takeout food and then eat it with her boyfriend while they watched some episodes of their favorite tv shows.

"Can we order some chinese food?", she grinned and Matthew laughed.

"That's what I wanted as well." He rummaged in his pockets for his phone and then dialed the number of their favorite Chinese restaurant. In the meantime Maya put the laptop away and went to the huge kitchen to get something to drink.

She'd just opened the fridge when two long arms wrapped around her waist and soft, warm lips pressed against her neck. Maya sighed. "I missed you during the day", Matthew murmured and she chuckled.

"Haven't you been busy enough to keep your mind off me?", she teased him now as well. If he could tease her about the fact that she had been a fan of him for years before the two of them had met, so she could tease him about his inability to get her out of his mind while he was at work.

Matthew shook his head. "Nope, I couldn't. I blame you for that." Maya turned around in his arms and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Oh, really? Well, I can't say I'm sorry", she teased and escaped from his arms to hurry back into the living room, a bottle of water in her hands. Matthew followed and reached her as soon as she let herself fall on the couch again.

He laughed and took the bottle from Maya's hands to take some sips. "I'll go and have a shower before the food will be ordered, okay?" He leaned over and kissed her quickly before he got up again and left the living room. She watched him walking away while she lifted the bottle to her lips now, a smile on her face.