Prologue

A lone trainer stood at the summit of Mt. Silver, his faithful Pikachu sitting on his shoulder. He wore a black t-shirt that was mainly hidden behind the red and white unbuttoned t-shirt he wore on top. Blue jeans went down to cover the edge of his socks that weren't already covered by his white and red sneakers. A red and white cap sat on top of his short, jet-black hair. The boy's bright red eyes appeared to be glowing as he stared at the cave that led to the mountain's summit.

"Pikapi?" questioned the Pikachu that rested on the boy's shoulder. The boy merely turned his head toward the Pokemon, a thoughtful look in his eyes for a moment. He then shook his head, as though saying nothing could go wrong. The electric-type just gave a single nod and looked towards the cave as well. The trainer had the ability to understand his pokemon for as long as he could remember, and he only revealed his ability with the other three of the original Dexholders, also known as the Pokemon Masters to the rest of the world.

The 14 year-old trainer heard a panting sound for inside the cave, and smirked to himself as his eyes narrowed slightly. He wasn't about to believe that his opponent's pokemon were strong if the challenger himself was so physically out-of-shape that he didn't have any breath after climbing a mountain. As the trainer came out of the mountain, he was to get a good look at the arrogant boy who had the guts to say that he was weak.

He wore a red hoodie that was zipped up, black capri that only ended slightly below his knees, red and white sneakers were on his feet, and a single-strap, grey backpack was over his right shoulder. His challenger wore a black and gold cap backwards, some of his coal-black hair showing, not covering his dark grey eyes that seemed determined.

The other boy stood up straight, and stared down the trainer that he had declared was weak. He scowled when he noticed that the other had only stared down at him in disappointment.

"Pokemon Master Red!" the grey-eyed boy shouted. "I, Ethan Gold of New Bark Town in Johto, challenge you to an official battle!"

The newly-revealed Red merely gave a smirk as his Pikachu, nicknamed Pika, jumped down onto their makeshift battlefield. His opponent, Ethan, growled at the smirking boy, and sent his Typhlosion, which was following him, onto the battlefield.

Sparks flew as Pika decimated the Johto native's team which consisted of a Typhlosion, Sandslash, Togekiss, Tyranitar, Dragonite, and a red-colored Gyarados. He noted that his earlier hunch was correct, and wondered why Professor Oak even let trainers up here.

"It's because any who comes up here has earned all the badges in both Kanto and Johto." thought Red as Ethan returned his Gyarados. "I'd make a bet with Blue that he probably won several out of pity and not from valuable battle experience."

Red watched as the trainer dropped onto his knees, sobbing. The money he had just earned from the battle was transferred directly into his account, so he had no need to walk over to the defeated challenger. He silently called out his Lapras behind the rock formation he was on top of, and looked up at the clouds, which was his silent direction for her to use Ice Beam. The weight of the blizzard increased, and knowing that the broken trainer across from him wasn't able to see or hear, he quickly walked down behind the rock and called out his Charizard.

Pika ducked inside his shirt for both safety and warmth as he recalled Lapras and mounted his mighty fire starter. The dragon took off as once the added weight of Lapras' Ice Beam was gone. After making sure that the dragon was heading in the direction of Snowbelle City in Kalos, did he use his amulet.

His amulet was in the shape if a flame, with red, orange, yellow all mixing together in a beautiful pattern that many would enjoy. It was given to him by the legendary pokemon, Arceus, who saw that the Dexholders didn't appreciate the attention that they received, and gave them alternate identities. Blue, his rival, was known as Gary Oak. Blue's sister, Green, was known as Daisy Oak. Red's own sister, Yellow, was Akari Ketchum. As Red held his fire-shaped amulet, he thought, "And I, am Ash Ketchum."

His appearance changed into that of the amatuer pokemon trainer's. He felt ridiculous every time he went to a 'new' region. He had already beaten every gym leader, trainer, elite four, and champion from the regions of Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos. Not to mention that he had beaten the island challenge in the Alola region. He noted that as Ash, he had to talk frequently, instead of the occasional word. He went over the memories he had as Ash, and thought that when Arceus changed the memories of almost everyone into believing that Ash, Akari, Gary, and Daisy existed, that everyone had their lives screwed with somehow.

Delia Ketchum never had children, nor was she married. Prof. Oak had supposedly forgotten his second son, who had apparently gotten married and had kids. The amount of people that Ash made friends with was sickening. He was fine with Paul, seeing as he wasn't too annoying, but the emo trainer was never around when he needed to escape from the idiocy of the friends he made. He had to halt himself before he made sarcastic remarks, or glared at anything and everything. And he always heard people talking behind his back that Ash would never accomplish his dream of becoming a Pokemon Master if he only caught pokemon that wanted to come with him.

Truth be told, Red only caught certain pokemon when he first traveled through. He didn't want it to look strange that even though Ash had never been there before he already had pokemon from that region. So he left a minimum of five pokemon uncaught by Red, that would later be caught by Ash. Any pokemon at Prof. Oak's Lab that belonged to any of the Dexholders, weren't there at all. Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow had set up their own personal computer system, and had a secret base in every region. The only reason that the Dexholders were still believed to be alive was due to the fact that they constantly fought with the leaders of evil organizations. Maxie of Magma, Archie of Aqua, Cyrus of Galactic, Ghetsis of Plasma, Lysandre of Flare, Guzma of Skull, and especially Giovanni of Rocket.

Back in Unova, Giovanni ordered two of his grunts to take Ash with him to the Undersea Temple of Meloetta. He probably assumed Ash was Red at first, but then decided that after Ash's yelling, he was Red's exact opposite. He still had two Rocket Grunts stalking him 24/7 for Pika. He had left on Char in the middle of the night, and because of Char's fast flight speed, they wouldn't have been able to catch up to him.

Red, or Ash, was literally jolted out of his thinking by Pika, who pointed out that they were in Snowbelle. He directed Char to land in a clearing near the Pokemon Center that wasn't a very far walk. He then returned the fire-type and walked to the Center, Pika still on his shoulder. He knew that he wouldn't be able to enter through the doors, so he decided to climb through the bathroom window, which was still open from when he left that evening.

He quickly changed back into Ash's sleep clothes, and crawled into bed. He looked at the clock and noticed it was only 1 A.M. He inwardly snorted as he remembered that he left at 11 P.M. He wondered if a full-out battle royale with mega evolution between himself and the other three Dexholders would end up as short as that match with Ethan Gold. As Red thought about how his Mega Charizard would demolish Blue's Mega Blastoise, he didn't notice how sleep drifted over him, or when he finally did fall asleep.