Chapter 10

Chapter 10: Leo

I was still thinking about hazel and what she said. You have us. You know that right. We are your friends. I was starting to realize that I had to be more careful with my emotions around her. Of course I knew they were my friends. But I also knew that if it came down to saving me or their soul mate, I would be the one that dies. I didn't blame them. They were in love. Like me. The only difference was that my love wasn't there. I thought about how Annabeth was risking her life for Percy. I couldn't let her go on her own she needed help. Besides the prophecy said the world must fall by storm or fire... Why not make it fall right now? I went to my cabin to get everything ready...

A few hours later I was packed. I made a mini airplane that would fit in my backpack and then grow big enough for a person as big as me when I need it to. I walked past the other cabins. I went up to the mast head. "Bye festus, I'm going off to help Annabeth. Not sure if I'll come back.... but you were the best thing I ever fixed." He creaked "yea I love you to big guy you're the best..."

I touched his head one last time and turned around to unleash the airplane. I was just about to climb in when I heard someone walk behind me.

"Leaving without saying goodbye Valzez?"

"Hey frank, not a lot of time I have to go and find Annabeth and--"

"And What? Where are you going to go? We have no idea where Annabeth is no way to track her and no way of communication. Seems to me that you're going on a suicide mission."

I clenched my fists. "WHAT DO YOU CARE? WHAT DO YOU CARE IF I GO AND IF I NEVER COME BACK?" My hands were on fire now. I heard Frank take a few steps back. I felt guilty. I knew he was afraid of fire. Afraid of me. I put out my fire.

"I'm your friend Leo. Just because we've had a hard past doesn't mean I'm not your friend. And as your friend I'm trying to make sure you don't go off and kill yourself. Who's going to steer the ship Leo? Who's going to be here when we need to laugh?" I was silent. I wanted to stay. But I wasn't off just to save Annabeth. I didn't belong here. I'm the seventh wheel just like nemesis said. Everyone has each other and I've got no one. I hoped I could start over every time I ran away. And I would have to run away again because things got too complicated. But in this world there was no where to run. Because monsters would find you again anyways. There was no starting over here. My life started here and it will end here.

"If you were my friend you would let me go. And you wouldn't try going after me. You guys can steer the ship. Piper woke up festus. Ask her. You guys don't really need me. I'm more of an extra." With that I hopped in without waiting for frank to reply. I started the engine and flew off into who knows where.