Star Glitters ExTrA's: Dong Sun's story

I am thinking of ending it all but someone stopped me from doing so, that girl. Who would have thought that she will be the love of my life that I have been waiting for so long? I am Hung, Dong Sun but the girl I mentioned a while ago, Sophie also gave me an English name, Lawrence. I am twenty five years old and one of the Korean actors who promoted hallyu movement all over the world. But like any other stars, popularity is not a thing that will last forever that exactly happened to my career. I had it at its peak at my tender teenage years but when I grew a bit older I slowly by slowly lose my fame which led me to do as I mentioned at the introductory part of this chapter. Thanks to Sophie, she changed me, literally and figuratively.

That night was strange. I don’t like anyone interfering with what I wanted to do, I thought of jumping over that building to be honest but she stopped me from doing so. I aim to face her to scold her for hindering my plans but when I am already facing her, my disposition suddenly changed and the fierce side of me suddenly disappeared. From that moment on, I can’t stop myself from thinking about her. I wanted to know her better. I had fallen with love for her at first sight.

So instead of dwelling in the dark times of my life, I invigorated myself with her as we spent time together touring around the city. I will admit it is difficult to like someone when there is some language barrier between the two of you. I like her but there are times I don’t understand her and it is not the typical “man cannot understand woman” but simply because we speak different languages.

I tried to be with her for days to prove if this is just a fling or a real thing and despite the barriers, I simply felt that this is no ordinary love. My feelings pushed me to tell her how I feel no matter how naïve it may sound. I am bit unhopeful that she will accept my love but she did. So I never wasted time, I find a way to introduce her to my family and even to ask some close friends to get a ticket for me going to Manila. The reason why I came out late during our trip to her country is some documents I needed to change so that people would not know that it is me.

As soon as I arrived in Manila and meeting Sophie’s family and friends, I can say that I love being in that country. Although the weather is humid and hot and there a lot of unique transportaion such as the jeepney, tricycle and ka-le-sa, the warmth of Filipino people captivated me. Maybe that’s one of Sophie’s qualities that captured me even if she is a partial Chinese too. The simple life I’ve experienced with the girl I love is truly satisfying. I studied Tagalog and English too so as to erase that barrier between me and her and I am also delighted that she also exerted effort to learn my foreign tongue. Everything is doing great that my in my mind it became clear: I wanted to stay her with her and change my life, but still my life as a celebrity still haunted me as far as the Philippines. Paparazzi knew where am I, what was I doing and with whom and I spending time with that I became once again an item in the Korean media industry.

The changes that might affect Sophie’s private life pushed me to go back to Seoul. I have plans of clearing everything- my access to showbiz so as I can settle with her in the Philippines. Afterall, we are engaged before I left, but it isn’t that easy. Due to the rumors that spread about me, a lot of companies in the industry showed interest in me again. In no time, I was able to return to limelight, with album lanunching and new Korean dramas. I love fame but I love Sophie too. I wish I could have them both but my manager and the people who backed me up with my career this time demanded otherwise. I cannot have it both. I needed to choose. I wanted to choose her but then another bout suddenly came in, Mom got Stage 1 cancer. I needed to work for her medications and treatments. So I did give up Sophie for a while but not completely.

It is the hardest thing to face her during the Press Conference of my album launch in the Philippines. When she interviewed me for the newspaper she was working with, she stared at my eyes and I can feel her pain. I wonder if she feels my pain too. I tried to sneak a letter for her, thanks to some Filipino staff. I attempted to call her but I guess she was already sleeping or doing something during that time, I wanted to explain to her what I was going through but I wasn’t able to.