The Big Game

First chapter!!! I can't even express how happy I am. Im honestly so sorry for any mistakes I have made. Please tell me any suggestions you have because I love hearing from you guys! ----------------------------------------------As I landed my backflip, the crowd went wild. My school life couldn't get any better. I was captain of the Cheer team. I had a ton of friends, too many to count. I even had straight A's. Life out of school was completely different, Which is exactly why I loved school so much.
              It was the big homecoming game, first football game of the year. Not one single person at my school wasn't there. I mean, why would you miss something like this? We were up against our rival school, the Pirates. We were winning by 3. Everyone was on the edge of their seats. Two more minutes left, and our school, the Lions, had possession of the ball.
             I was lost in my own thoughts when I got picked up and thrown over someone's shoulder. My boyfriend, Eric. He was the quarter-back. I know it couldn't get any more corny. The only reason I strive to be perfect is because my parents expect me to be. But anyways, the game was over, and we won!
             I walked into my home sweet home and I couldn't have felt more tired. I was making my way up the stairs, heading to a warm shower, then my cozy PJS and by bed. "Elizabeth!" I hear my mother scream. Well, my step-mom. My real mom died when I was a a baby. Here we go again, I thought. My step-mom, Gretchen, always yelled me. Of course my dad did nothing to stop her. Every Friday after a long night of Cheering Gretchen would yell at me for being stupid and pathetic. It was like a routine that just had to happen. I guess you could call it a habit, but a habit is something you can break out of, and Gretchen would never do that.
             After 30 minutes, I was in my PJS with a good book in my bed. I kept on thinking back to the game and how Eric had picked me up. I really loved him but I couldn't help but thinking the jock of the school would leave me. If I'm expected to live a life like a movie, then that's how it was going to go. Eric was going to break up with me. I didn't want it to happen. I knew Eric was different. But these voices keep telling me what's going to happen next, and don't like how it's going so far.