Time for a change

This is my second chapter. I'm so so sorry for any mistakes and errors that I've made. I will try to be more thorough with my grammar checks. I'm sorry if anything doesn't make any sense but overall I'm proud of this chapter. Thank you ALL so much!
----------------------------------------------I woke up feeling ready to take on the world, but my happy mood instantly faded when my sister Layla came into the room. She was one year older than I was. She never talked to me, unless she wanted to borrow something. She was my ride to school, and she still didn't talk to me! "Where's your Strawberry lipgloss? I want to use it for pictures today."  "It's somewhere around here, try my box of Cheer makeup." I said, not really caring. "There it is." Layla said, and she walked out the door. Wow, a thank you would've been nice.
               In case I haven't  mentioned yet, I'm a junior in High school. It's pretty much the hardest year of high school. Ya know how the 3rd quarter is always the quarter that makes you do the most homework and class work. Well the 3rd year of High school is the grade that gives the most homework and class work out of all of them. And the fact that I'm in honors classes, courtesy of being guilt-tripped by Gretchen, doesn't make Junior year any better.
             "Come on Elizabeth, I'm leaving now." Layla screamed through the house. "Okay, I'm coming." We rode to school in silence. The instant she finished parking and the car turned off, I hopped out, and ran to Eric. It was a little something we did every morning, where we would run to each other and hug for a solid minute.
           After a long day of class work, and Cheer practice, I was all ready to go home and finish up useless homework, dinner, and then bed time for me. I walked into the house and instantly wished I hadn't. My Dad and Gretchen were fighting. Loudly. Suddenly I heard a door slam and I knew it was safe to go up the stairs into my room. Hopefully I could get by without whoever was down there saying anything to me. Unfortunately, I had no such luck. "Hey pumpkin, how was school and Cheer?" my dad asked. "They were good." I answered. "I have some bad news for you." My dad said. "What is it?" I was really worried, and I was expecting the worst. "Today I got laid off." My dad looked at the floor. I was trying hard not to burst into tears. The thing is, Gretchen used my dad for his money, she didn't actually love him and that's what my dad doesn't realize. When Gretchen breaks his heart, My dad will be so heartbroken. "We would have more money if Gretchen didn't waste it all on injections and useless clutter!" I blurted out. I didn't mean to say it. My dad was stunned by my remark, and I was too. "Go up to your room, we will discuss more later." My dad said. I treated up the stairs not saying a word.