Chapter 1

April 2- Saturday. Spring Break.

"Devin can you please go pick up the cake?" My mom yells from the living room.
"Sure." I reply simply. I grab my house keys, phone, wallet, and an umbrella just in case and walk out the door. Since I'm 15 and don't yet have a permit I have to either walk everywhere or get someone else to drive me. Luckily the cake shop is only a 5 minute walk away so it's not too much of a problem.
As I'm just about at the cake shop I get a text from my mom telling me the boys have arrived and I should hurry up. I walk faster and as soon as I get to the cake shop I quickly grab the cake, pay, and leave.
Just as I walk up the driveway I hear my name being called. I turn my head to see who called it and see my best friend, Alisha, running towards me. Alisha is 5'3, has blonde wavy hair and blue eyes. She only wears Brandy Melville and Pac Sun.
"Hey," she heaves out breathlessly. She takes the cake from my hands and starts walking.
"Hey," I reply catching up to her. "So did you see Cole?" I ask wiggling my eyebrows.
"Yes and I want you to know that I don't like him because hoes before bros and plus he's your brother." Alisha tells me while walking into the house
"I don't mind. Actually, maybe a little." I say while laughing. The whole house was decorated with welcome home posters for the team's homecoming. Apparently only Cole, Hilton, Jackson and a few others were coming home while the rest of the team is still in Mexico until Thursday.
"DEVIN!!" I hear as Jackson and Hilton come running towards me. I give them both long hugs and then a big group hug with Alisha.
"Where is Cole?" I ask after all the hugging is over.
"Talking to your cousins I think," Hilton replies.
       "Okay well I'm gonna go talk to him." I say before walking off to find him. I don't know why but something in my mind told me to go upstairs and look for him but i obviously knew he wouldn't be there. As I turn the corner to get to the stairs I feel my body ram into someone else and I look up to see who it is. My eyes lock with his and I instantly regret it. I look away quickly and mumble a quick sorry before trying to turn away. "Wait!" He calls pulling me back by my arm. "Long time no see. How are you?" He asks and I can tell from his eyes he feels awkward but his body expressions tell me other wise.
"Umm I'm good how are you?" I ask timidly. I wonder if he missed me at all. I wonder if he knew I hurt because of his abandonment from me. I wonder if he- my thoughts were cut off as he began to speak again.
"I'm good. You look so....different." He says looking me up and down taking in how the five years treated me.
"You look different too." I say and I examine him too. He is taller now and more mature. His hair was still curly, but not messy curly anymore. He is tanner and his smile is bigger. He is two years older than me making him 17 and damn was he hot. I snap out of my thoughts quickly and was luckily saved when Maddie, my best friend, runs toward me. Maddie is tall and skinny with dark brown eyes and dark brown hair. She has a tan skin color and full lips.
"Devin!" She yells grabbing me into a tight hug. She then turned around and think then she realized that I was talking to the boy who hurt me. "Oh hey long time no see." She says casually but turns around to give a worrying look. I shrug it off and fiddle with me fingers.
"Um hey Maddie" he responds hurt filling his years, but I don't know why he would be hurt.
"You kind of like fell of the face of the earth why show up now?" She questions bluntly. She knew how hurt I was at his absence and abandonment to me and she was pretty pissed about it as you can tell. He just awkwardly looked around, but before he could say anything I grabbed Maddie by the arm and started walking away.
"Sorry but we have to go. Bye Jaden!" I call and then give Maddie a dismayed look when we were far out of his sight.
"I'm sorry I just I know how much it hurt and I want him to know that." She says. I know she was just looking out for me but it didn't bother me anymore. Did it hurt when I saw him? Hell yeah it did. But, I was strong and didn't let it get to me.

Okay so this chapter is kind of bad because I had to go through the storyline while explaining each character but what ever. I really hope you like it and there are people who I think of while writing this. ( what the characters actually look like) but Jaden (the person in real life who's name may or may not be Jaden) is like 14 and I based this book around the guy I picked and originally it was gonna be him being 14 and Devin 12 but that's really stupid so I changed it. I will probably show the characters in the next few chapters. Also it seems kind of stupid of why she would be hurt by him just because he stopped talking to her. But I promise that there's this whole other thing that will come up in another chapter. Anyway thanks for reading and remember you are beautiful inside and out❤️❤️
    -XXX Sophia