Chapter 1- The Begining

Olivia's POV
I woke up to the sound of my foster father yelling for me to get ready and get my butt downstairs. I rushed to get ready when I remembered that today my honors U.S. history class is seeing Hamilton tonight. I was so ready to be out of the house for a lot of the day.
I grabbed my phone and my backpack and hurried down the stairs to see my foster father holding an empty jug that normally has milk in it. "What did you do with the milk!" he yelled. To be completely honest I'm terrified of him. Especially when he's drunk, which he obviously was.
"I don't drink milk remember?" he just glared at me. "I honestly don't know. Maybe you drank it all." He continued to yell at me, things I don't wish to repeat. I tried to calm him down, but he just slapped me. I fell to the ground. He started to kick me all over. He kicked me in the head. I was slipping into unconsciousness when I felt a familiar pair of gentle hands help me up.
"You okay?" I heard him say to me. My vision was still fuzzy but I knew who it was. "We need to get to school. First period is starting in 20 minutes. You okay?" He noticed me blinking my eyes a bunch.
"I-I don't know," my voice was weak. My vision still hasn't come completely back. I'm pretty sure he knew what was going on then. He put my glasses on me which sat crooked on my face. My vision went back to normal. "Thanks. We should get going before he starts hitting me again." I grabbed my bag before heading out the door.
We walked quickly until we were a couple blocks away from the house. Our foster parents made us walk to school because they refuse to drive us anywhere. It would've been okay been okay if we didn't live 10 blocks away and if we didn't live in the middle of NYC.
"So, Will when do you think they are going to give us up?" I asked. It's been 4 months since we moved to this foster family.
My brother sighed, "I don't know. Christmas is coming up in four months, so probably around then." I was listening closely to my big brother when I bumped into someone.
"I'm so sorry!" the man said. I guess he noticed the tears stained on my cheeks, my crooked glasses, and the bruise developing on my face. "Are you okay?"
"Oh. Yeah," I put my hand to my cheek. "I just ran into a door." I sounded so stupid when I said this. I finally looked up and made eye contact with the man. I instantly recognized his face. "Y-You're Lin-Manuel Miranda!" I squealed. I couldn't believe I ran into the creator of the musical I'm seeing tonight with my class and my brother.
He just smiled and nodded. My brother opened his mouth and ruined the moment, "we better get going or we're going to be late." He moved me along. I heared Lin-Manuel Miranda call after us. He ended up just waving and saying goodbye.
"Are you trying to get us killed! Talking to a stranger in New York! You are so stupid!" This hurt. I knew he just wants me to be safe but it still hurt. "I'm sorry," he sighed, "how could you tell it was him?"
I face palmed. "How can I not! We're seeing his record breaking show tonight!" Will just looked at me with a dumb face. I let ot a giggle and continued our walk to school.
••••••
After school I met Will in the library. We worked there until it was time to meet our teacher and the rest of the class by the busses.
"You excited?" Will asked while we boarded the bus.
"Yeah," my voice sounded distracted. I was thinking about this morning. I was brought back to this world by brother shaking my arm.
"You okay Liv? You started spacing out," he looked at me concerned. This was a recurring thing now. I already did it three times today.
"Yeah. Just thinking about the questions I'm going to ask the cast in the Q&A." After that Will left me alone. For most of the bus ride I actually was thinking about what to ask. There were so many questions but we're limited to three. Unluckily it was a ten minute bus ride.