It's Party Time!

Chapter 19

Two days flew by like it was absolutely nothing. I feel like I have been in a daze and life continues to move while I stand still.  Well not completely still; I did go to all of my classes though I can’t seem to recall a damn thing that happened in any of them.

Yesterday Ginny thought I should go to the hospital wing since I looked ‘horridly pale’. That makes me laugh just thinking about it; she is a wonderful friend. How I wish I could take her with me tonight to this dumb party.

I know I was looking forward to it but in the past three days my view has changed.

Sure it’ll be fun with my friends but I can’t be with the person I truly want to be with. On the bright side it’s almost Christmas.

‘Maybe this year shall be a good holiday for me.’

I thought to myself as I slowly walked down the crowded corridors making my way back to my common room.

I looked over at the giant clock tower and realized it was already half passed six; and Professor Slughorn’s party would be starting soon.

I quickened my pace trying not to bump into anyone in the process. I wonder why there are so many students roaming around tonight. Maybe there is some sort of event as well as the party tonight that I am not aware of.

When I finally reached the common room I was grabbed by a certain red haired girl.

“Anna can you please help me get ready?,” she said looking nervous.

“Of course I’ll help Ginny,” I said smiling as I dragged her up to our dorm room.

Once we were up there I commanded her to go get dress as I did the same.

I grabbed my lovely sky blue evening gown and quickly walked off to the bathroom to change. Once I changed I walked back into the dorm room slowly. The dress seemed a tad longer than I had remembered it being.

“You look stunning,” Ginny said to me, her eyes wide in amazement.

“Thank you,” I said smiling, I had forgotten she never saw me in the dress.

I quickly grabbed a pair of silver heels and put them on then I grabbed all of my cosmetics; laying everything out neatly on my trunk.

“Ginny come here let me do your makeup,” I said smiling over at her.

Ginny sat on my bed perfectly still as I applied the makeup. I decided to use more natural colors and some brown colors to compliment her dress as well as her complexion. 

Once I was done I sent her off to go grab her date for tonight.

“Anna I will see you at the party,” Ginny said cheerily running off.

I smiles to myself, but the smile didn’t last very long. I was becoming upset yet again over not having a date for tonight.

I grabbed my invitation and a silver clutch bag that had my wand in it, since I was uncomfortable with out it.

I slowly walked down the stairs and into the common room, it was noise with chatter. That is until I entered the room. I felt like I had a million eyes on me and it made me horridly uncomfortable.

“You look ravishing,” said a fifth year boy that I have never seen before.

“Umm thank you,” I said blushing lightly quickly heading for the door.

Once I left the common room I quickly walked to Professor Slughorn’s classroom; trying to avoid the glances of other students. I did not want to run into anymore awkward conversations like the one I stumbled across in the common room.