Rescue

"Quick you must leave, Fudge," whispered the Queen of 'Animal Land'.
"Why," questioned Fudge.
"We are in danger here"
Fudge knew that but she couldn't bear to leave her home. She knew where she was going. She was going to England to hide. King Edward wanted all animals slaves. Now you know why Fudge needed to leave. So did all the other animals in 'Animal Land'.
Everybody was sent to earth to hide. Fudge was a kind loving cat who really liked beauty contests. She always wore a bow on her right ear and it had to be in just the right place. She had many colours of them. On this particular day she was wearing a tatty, faded pink one. She knew she couldn't take all of her bows so she wanted to take one that she wouldn't really mind if she lost it.

Fudge had arrived in England. The cold bit at her like a venomous spider. She was missing the comfort of her bed, at home. The streets were illuminated in an eerie glow. She was hiding in a back alley where no light would reach her. The cold was getting to her and she was feeling very lonely. Fudge guessed it was about midnight. Ever in the urban area of London, where she was, there where little cars and the silence was deafening. The bins, at the end of the alleyway, where full to bursting of leftovers but that still didn't tempt Fudge to go there. She couldn't risk being seen. If anybody saw her they would most likely take her straight to Edward, the complete opposite of what she wanted.

Megan is a twelve year old girl. She loves animals which is frowned upon. She spends most of her time sitting on her bed in her little room (in a small cottage). She lives on Chapel Street near the woods. The one dream in her life is to have a pet. This is one of the only conversations that Megan has with her parents.
"Mum please can I have a pet?" asked Megan.
"Your Dad has told you many times before, NO! Animals are only used for work," answered Mum angrily. That is all Megan wanted, something to love. Megan had a small bookshelf of books, about 10, altogether. She had read them all many times and knew the stories off by heart.

Fudge was hungry, very hungry. She was not used to catching food. in 'Animal Land' it was the hunters job to do the hunting. The darkness loomed over her like a flame just about to burn paper. Her paws were aching, from walking so far to find somewhere to sleep. She had found plenty of places that would do but homeless people had had the same idea! Fudge thought that it might be alright but she was very cautious, she didn't want to be noticed.

"Megan take this rubbish out to the bins please," asked her dad.
"Sure," replied Megan.
Although Megan didn't want to, there was no point arguing. She opened the back door and stepped outside, onto the back alley (a rare thing). It wasn't that dark because she lived in the city but to her it felt like it was pitch black. The icey cold wind hit like a wave. She walked slowly because she was a bit scared. She didn't know why she was scared she just was. Fudge peered round the edge of the dustbin, a bit too far. Fudge had been spotted! Fudge knew that there was no point hiding anymore. She simply stood there, waiting to be caught.
"What are you doing here puss?" ased Megan.
Megan picked up Fudge, who seemed to like being picked up by this strangely friendly human.

Back in her bedroom Megan was trying to find a place to hid Fudge. Her parents rarely went into her bedroom but still what if they did? The chances were low but Megan thought that she should be safe. Fudge knew she could trust this human.
"Hello," Fudge ventured.
"What," said Megan surprised, "You can talk."
"Yes," answered Fudge.
Megan asked what her name was. Fudge replied and told Megan everything. Megan suddenly had a thought (of where to hid Fudge), her cardboard box under her bed! When nobody was looking Fudge could sneak out and stretch her legs, in Megan's bedroom. The plan was perfect and both Megan and Fudge were relaxed a little, knowing that Fudge would be safe.