| ᴍᴀʀʀʏ ᴍᴇ... (ᴏɴᴇsʜᴏᴛ ᴛʜɪɴɢ) |

Light streamed in through the curtains, directly hitting the couple laying there snuggled next to each other in pure bliss; the nightmares had began to subside for Rick. Having her in his arms helped tremendously. June's eyes fluttered open at the feeling of the sun's rays beckoning her to wake up. Rick lay there, a small smile forming on his lips once seeing she was awake- he had been up for awhile now.

"Good morning," he whispered, bringing a hand up to brush away a strand of her hair from her face.

"How long have you been up?" June asked. She closed her eyes for a brief moment, savoring his touch before opening them again with a smile.

"Since the sunrise; it was nice."

"Why so early? Did you have a nightmare?-- Rick, why didn't you wake me up?"

He chuckled at this, shaking his head. "No nightmare. Just couldn't sleep," he replied, moving to kiss her forehead. June sighed in relief.

"That's good, at least. No nightmares.."

A long silence fell upon the two and June closed her eyes once again, moving closer to him to snuggle her face into his neck.

"June?"

"Hm?"

"I love you."

"I love you too, Rick."

"June," Rick said, pulling back to look at her. "I love you." There was so much certainty in his voice, a sternness that made June blink in confusion and surprise.

"When I thought I had killed you... I knew I wouldn't be able to live with myself. Know that I couldn't protect you-- that I couldn't save you. I told myself, 'I shouldn't have taken her for granted. I should've done more; told her I loved her more, hugged her more, kissed her more.' In just those moments, June, it felt like I had died with you. I wasn't me... And when you came back, so did I. And it.. it made me realize how much I truly do love you and how much I can't be without you."

June was silent, her mouth slightly agape in surprise. "Rick.. I..."

Rick merely smiled and sat up slightly. "So, June Moone, the only woman who I've come to truly love and who I want to continuing loving for the rest of my life..."

He reached under his pillow and pulled out a small black box before opening it; inside was a ring.

"Will you marry me?"