Prologue

I knew I liked Draco from the moment I heard his name. Just the way his name could roll off your tongue so easily, and the way his mouth turned up a little bit when he smirked was enough to convince me I loved him. Did he love me back was the unanswered question, though.

When he first asked me on a date, he was taking me to the Yule Ball when we were fourteen years old. Since then, I haven't found anybody else I want to be with other than him.

Conversely, this year, I'm not quite so sure...

I hear Draco talk to his friends often about going to a different school.  I've tried as hard as possible to ignore it, but it's difficult not to. Trying to convince him to change his mind is a death wish, so I've never found myself attempting to. When he is like this, I just lay my head on his shoulder and pretend not to hear. Inside though, I've never been more terrified for our relationship.

He gets antsy. A lot. Constantly he looks over his shoulder while he's walking, as if he expects there to be a bloody ghost coming at him with an axe. Which, in Hogwarts, wouldn't be that odd, but all the same, it's weird that he's acting so strange.

I've written to him almost every day since the end of last school year, and he's never mentioned anything going bad in his life. My gut tells me otherwise. I know that there's something going on, and the anxiety of it all is starting to eat at me.

This year I intend to figure out what the hell is my boyfriend's problem.