Hospital

"So this morning, Andy got in a car accident-"

"What!? No no no, is he okay?"

"I don't know, he's in the hospital right now. He still hasn't woken up"

"Still?! How long?"

He shrugged "like an hour"

"How bad was the accident?"

"...very bad. The other person crashed from the side"

"And what?! What happened to the other person? Was it his fault or theirs?"

"I don't know yet, Aria. The hospital called me to come, but he was rushed into the emergency room so I didn't get to see him or ask questions"

I leaned against the window. This cold random January day.

"..do you want to go to the hospital or come to my house"

"Hospital" i said immediately.

"But, you might have to stay there for a long time. He's getting treated right now so they wont let us see him. I asked and the hospital said they would call me when we can see him" ... "we can still go if you want to go. I just wanted to give you a choice"

I thought for a moment. I want to see him right now but i knew it was going to be a while in the hospital. And for some reason i felt like Joe didn't want me to go to the hospital. "I want to go to your house"

"Ok" he started the car and drove out. I turned the radio back on and Uma Thurman was on. That song just comes on at the weirdest time.

We were almost at his house when his phone rang. I looked at him immediately.

"Answer it" he said

I picked it up and pressed the answer button. "Hello?"
"Hey this is Pete, who's this?"
"It's Aria"
"Are you with Joe?"
"Yeah, he's taking me to his house"
"Anything with Andy?"
"I don't know anything, neither does Joe"
"Oh ok, I'll tell Patrick. He was about to call you too. Hope he's okay"
"Me to"
"I guess I'll see you later"
"Ok, bye"
"Bye"
I hung up

--

I tried to distract myself by catching up on my Youtube feed, but it wasn't working. I was so worried. I sipped the cup of hot chocolate Joe gave me.

"Hey let's go, they called" Joe said grabbing the keys. Nobody was on the road so Joe drove over the speed limit. "The nurse said he was fine" Joe said, but I didn't really believe him.

I got out his car, trying not to run and yell at the nurses where Andy is. Joe and I fast walked to the office, trying not to knock over an old lady.

"We're here for Andy Hurley, I have his daughter" Joe said to the lady behind the counter. "Um.." she said, lazily chewing on her gum. "Room 14" she said pointing to the hallway to the left without looking at us.

"Thank you" i said, I didn't mean it though

We walked down the hallway with many doors along the wall. A family was in one room crying, staring down at the person lying in bed. I hate hospitals.

I stopped in front of room 14, i looked at Joe. "You go first" he said. I was nervous, what if he was badly injured, all the worst thing popped into my head. I swiped those thoughts away and hoped it's nothing that bad.
I opened the door, i saw Andy's face laying on the white pillow. His whole body was under the white cover.

I rushed to his side "Andy? Are you ok? Andy..."

"He's on a sleeping medicine right now. He'll wake up soon, when the medicine wares off." A nurse said "he had to have surgery on his leg, especially around his knee because it was badly broken. He broke his arm too and he got several cuts from flying glass. It's not anything life threatening so that's the good news"

I let out a sigh of relief, but he was still hurt. "What's the bad news?"

"Well, it's going to take a while for his leg to heal. So that means he will have trouble walking."

"For how long?" Joe asked

"It depends on how fast he recovers, so about 5 months maybe"

"So no drums?" Andy said sleepily

"Andy!!" I said hugging his arm "how long gave you been awake?"

"I only heard that I can't walk" he tried to sit up but his leg wouldn't listen to him "ow" he threw off the white cover and revealed his right leg, wrapped many times with blue tape protected and stiff.  His left arm in a cast all the way up to his upper arm.

"Be careful with your leg, I'll get a wheelchair for you in a minute. And unfortunately you won't be able to play the drums until your leg and arm heals"

"Ok thank you" The nurse left

Andy looked a bit sad. "It's going to be alright. You'll get better soon" i said.

"But no drums and crossfit sucks"

I didn't know how to respond to that

"Think of it as a break. You know, sit back and relax." Joe said

"But.." he sighed

The doctor knocked and walked in, bringing a wheelchair. He was a tall man, probably in his 30's, with short fluffy blonde hair. "Hi, I'm Dr.Neil" he said holding his hand out.

Joe shook his hand "Joe, his friend"

"And you miss?" He asked "Aria, his daughter" I said, shaking his strong huge hand.

"And you must be Andy Hurley" the doctor said, looking at his clipboard. Andy nodded "about your leg..." he told us all the details. It sounded so painful I was about to pass out in my chair. "He's very lucky to be alive. It could've been much worse. But, he's going to have to to stay in the hospital for at least a month. For medication and training to get him walking again, and playing the drums"

"A month!?" I said in surprise

"I can be longer or shorter but yes, it's estimated as a month"

"Am i going to be home alone the whole month?"

"No you're going to have to stay with me" Joe said

"I'll let you figure things out" Dr.Neil said and left the room

The three of us talked about what we were going to do. I was going to stay at Joe's house and Phoenix was coming with me.

"We're going to back to your house and get packed up and stuff" joe said standing up

"Well, I'll be back in a little bit" I said "see ya"