Introductions

"Huh? A new composer?" They all said.

"Yesssssssss! Now, letzzz introduce ourselves, shall weeeeee?" Shining yelled. Reiji looked confused, Ranmaru looked irritated, Ai looked uninterested and Camus just sighed and glared.

"Ehhh? Shining, you never mentioned about a new composer," Reiji calmly said, recovering from the event. 

"Bububububububuttttt, now I have, and that's how it will beeeeee!" The president ordered. Unable to disobey their president, Quartet Night gave in, knowing full well that it was their loss if they fought.

"I'm Haruka Nanami, your new composer," a feminine voice suddenly broke into the conversation, resulting in all eyes landing on her. She had a pair of strange yellow green pupil trapped inside a pool of yellow irises that was surprisingly soothing. However, they looked remote and cold; emotionless. Her red orange hair ended on her chest, looking very silky, and she was at a regular height, about 168cm. There was nothing special about her appearance, just that her features were a little more developed compared to girls at her age. 

"Konnichiwa! My name is-" Reiji was the first one to speak, but was cut off.

"According to my data, your name is Kotobuki Reiji, Kurosaki Ranmaru, Mikaze Ai, and Camus. I've done some basic research about Quartet Night, so there is no need to worry about going through introductions." She flatly stated, getting strange looks from everyone in the group. 

"According to my data....?" Ai raised an eyebrow at that specific part of speech.

"Should we inform them Shining?" Haruka asked. Upon his approval, she opened her mouth to speak but Shining interrupted her.

"I am an-"

"Stooooooop! We will tell them later, Mizzzzz Nanami. Now, Quartet Night, any questions about your new composer?" Shining cut in.

"How old are you?" Ranmaru asked.

"I am 18 years old," she answered flatly.

"Why did you choose to be Quartet Night's composer?" Camus questioned, looking at her through half closed eyelids.

"I first had to choose between being STARISH and Quartet Night's composer, but after comparing the two together through my data, I chose to become your composer because it seemed like you were more experienced than STARISH," Haruka gave a thorough explanation and Camus nodded his head. While she was speaking, Ai vaguely took a note of how she mentions her 'data' frequently during her speech.

"Okayyyyyy that's enough questions for todayyy Quaruuutettttooo Nighhtttooo!" Shining suddenly exclaimed. 

"Noowww, I'll be trusting you all to treat Mizzz Nanami with respect, am I clear?" He questioned, looking at them through his sunglasses. He somehow appeared threatening, so on instinct, the four nodded their heads. 

"That'ss enough for nowww... Goodbye!" With that, he turned his chair around, the back of his leather chair facing the girl and four boys. They all left his office, Ai closing the door after they have all exited.

"We're trusting you to be our composer, I hope you meet our expectations," Reiji spoke in a business-like tone, speaking for all his group members. Haruka made a note that Reiji becomes serious when it comes down to business.

"Please take care of me from now on," she bowed, about to walk away when a piece of note fell from the ceiling. When Ranmaru caught the note, he read the note out loud for everyone to hear, 

"Mizzz Nanami, your first mission to accomplish is to make a song for Camus," Ranmaru read word by word, glaring at Camus after he finished reading. 

"Hmph, it is only natural for a royal to have his song done first," he stated in a matter of factly tone, irritating Ranmaru.

"Oh, there's a news for you to hear, you aristocat, you are a disgrace to all royalty!" Ranmaru shouted at the arrogant man.

"Huh, it is pointless to talk to you, so I will be saving my breath because they are not worthy for something as worthless as you," Camus retorted back, only irritating Ranmaru further.

"Hey, hey, calm down you two, it's not good to make a bad impression on our new composer" Reiji tried to stop their fight, but none of them listened. He quietly whispered, 'you guys are so mean...'

"Ranmaru and Camus, stop. It is a waste of time to stand around to watch your useless fight," Ai finally intervened, always being the mediator. After hearing Ai, the two stopped their fight, making Haruka observe them with interest.

'I noted that Mikaze Ai always was the mediator between Kurosaki Ranmaru and Camus's fight, but I didn't know he had this much impact on them. Also, they all ignore Kotobuki Reiji although he's older than any of them.' She thought, organizing them and saving them into her file.

"Anyways, Nanami-san, you're going to take on the mission, aren't you?" Ai turned to the stiff girl, his cyan eyes looking for answer.

"Of course. Also, you can call me by my first name," Haruka informed them.

"Really? Can I call you Kouhai-chan then?" Reiji asked, his eyes looking like a puppy.  

"But I am your composer, not your junior," she pointed out.

"But I've always wanted an adorable kouhai like you~ Pleeeaaassseee?" He begged.

"A..dorable?" She's never been called adorable before and for some reason, she felt something strange; her first emotion. Haruka felt as if she was going to smile, although that only lasted for a moment.

"Please?" Reiji begged one last time.

"I guess that's fine." The red orange haired girl accepted, her voice a little different from just a moment.

"Really? Yatta~~~!!!" 

"Ha... be quiet/shut up/shut your mouth" the members of Quartet Night said sharply. 

"Hidoiiiiiii" Reiji whispered, crying. No on e paid attention to him, because they were all used to his actions by now. However, Haruka was all new at his reactions, so she walked up to him and patted his hair. Everyone looked at her surprised.

"According to my data, I heard that this was how you comfort a person when they cry...." She said uncertainly. Reiji smiled a sincere smile because it has been a long time since someone acted very kindly towards him.

"Thank you" he said. Haruka took her hand off hair, leaving Reiji pouty. 

"Then, I'll be off to my room. Feel free to come by if you have any questions. It was nice meeting you all" she stated, bowing and going off to her room. The members of Quartet Night stared at her retreating figure before getting back to their own work. When they were heading back, all of them thought about their new composer:

'I like our new composer... Haruka Nanami huh? There's something strange about her but I know that she's a kind person.' 

'Damnit, this is going to be tiring. Why did that old bastard have to hire a new composer? Oh well, she doesn't look that annoying but if she acts all fangirly, I don't care if she's a girl or not.'

'Haruka Nanami.... She is certainly a nice person based on her actions, but there is something about her that I can't place my finger on.. Why does she say 'according to my data' and why doesn't she show any expression on her face? Also, there's the part where Shining stopped her from talking in his office... I'll have to observe her more..'

'Another peasant... At least she doesn't act like a fool. But I have to keep on eye on her to find out everything I need to know..'