7 - Failure

I had no clue what normal "Avengers arresting someone" protocol was, but I feel like they should have more people watching me. I just tried to carry out an assassination attempt on one of their members, and what do they do? Stick me in an interrogation room with only cuffs around my ankles. They did not even bother to restrain my hands.

Their mistake. I had been working at the cuffs for less than five minutes and had already got them off, put them back on, and taken them off again. I mean really, am I not that big of a threat? It does not matter anyway what they do to me. The Red Room will send someone else to come and finish me off for failing.

As I began to get lost in my own thoughts, the door opened up and revealed the same man who had arrested me on the roof. He said nothing as he came in.

I tossed the cuffs at his feet, "Since I just tried to kill one of you, I thought I warranted a little more restraint than that."

He did not reply to that. "I'm Clint."

I scoffed slightly at his attempt at normal conversation.

"I know who you are. You're Hawkeye."

"So you are aware of who you just tried to kill," he noted. "You know the Avengers."

"Please, I'm a professional. I know all about you all," I rolled my eyes.

"Who sent you?" he asked softly.

"Ty deystvitel'no ne znayesh' der'ma" I muttered quietly.

His eyes widened slightly, and he stormed out of the room. I do not know why it cause such a reaction, maybe he understood what I said. But he is an Avenger, an insult should mean nothing to him.

-------------

Natasha stood outside of the room. Her feet paced against the floors as she waited to Clint to finish interviewing the girl. Her eyes stared down the hallways as she thought of how it all transpired. She saw the girl, she knew she was being followed. She got Clint to help keep an eye on her. He saw the signs, and he made his move as the girl made hers. The door clicked open, and she heard footsteps behind him.

"I think she's Red Room," he told the red head.

"Red Room?" she whipped to face him.

"She speaks Russian and claims she's a professional. What other organization do we know from Russia that would have a grudge against you? She's Red Room."

"That's impossible. When we were in Budapest-"

"I know. It's just a thought. Who would try to take you out?"

"I've made a lot of people angry," Natasha reasoned.

"When it comes down to it, she's a kid. What do we do with her?" Clint asked.

"She's still an assassin and still tried to assassinate me. We move her upstate with the rest of us? Keep her locked up for now and see what all we can figure out."

"I'll call Hill," Clint walked off as he prepared to make the phone call.

"You're moving her upstate?" a new voice interrupted.

Natasha turned to see the brunette, chocolate eyed Stark.

"What are you doing here, Ada?" Natasha asked as her friend hugged her. "Didn't think I'd see you again for a while."

"Well, Clint told me my best friend had an assassination attempt on her, and you think you can keep me away from all the excitement?"

"That's one word for it."

"Is she HYDRA?" Ada asked.

"Don't think so. HYDRA hasn't exactly carried out many assassination attempts since they lost their assassins."

"Well, who knows where Bucky is, and I technically never went on an assassination mission." Ada's chocolate eyes were set on the screen of the girl. "Just don't waste time on her if she's a lost cause."

"You told us you were a lost cause," Natasha said. "We were able to get you back."

Ada paused as her hands adjusted the scarf on her neck. "That doesn't count. We don't know anything about this girl. She could be another one of HYDRA's weird genetic experiments."

Even though she didn't want to admit it, Ada could be right. But, she needed to know who was trying to kill her. Natasha's gaze looked back to the surveillance for the cell. Arina was staring straight back at her.

———————

I could have probably escaped, but I didn't think it was wise to. The Red Room probably already knew that I had failed and would be sending someone to come and finish me off. There was no point. If I did go back, they would most likely kill me then as well.

I was focused now on getting the tracker out of my leg. I had a knife that had been stashed in my shoe. It finally detached from the tissue of my thigh and dropped to the floor. I knew that they would most likely move me away from this facility and put me upstate so they could better keep me captured. To give myself the best chance against the Red Room, the tracker had to go.

I brought the strip of my pant leg I had cut off and tied it around the wound. I pulled my pants back up. It was a little awkward knowing that they were watching me through a security camera, but I had been through much more degrading treatment in the Red Room.

The door then opened and five agents in all black walked in. Judging by the symbol on their sleeves, I assumed that this was SHIELD. One came towards me with handcuffs. I used the knife I had and slashed out at them with it. I cut their wrist, forcing them to drop the handcuffs. I kicked another agent in the midsection and sent them flying back. I flicked my wrist, and the knife flipped into my left hand and cut the next agent in the leg.

I then felt something sharp on my neck.

"I'd stop if I were you," a female voice spoke.

It wasn't a knife around my neck, no. There were several smaller sharp objects hovering over my neck. I glanced down and saw a dainty hand that had claws in the place of fingernails.

Adalene Stark.

"Drop the knife," she ordered. I reluctantly agreed, and the knife clattered to the floor.

More agents came in. They forced my hands behind my back and clasped them in handcuffs.

"Let's go," one of them forced me forward.

I knew then that my life was over.

———————

A/N - So I think I'm going to make my Marvel Universe so there will be crossovers from some of my other books, like Ada in this chapter. I think I will have Ada Stark, Arina, and another character (that will be making her first appearance soon ;) ) be apart of this. Since this book occurs after Age of Ulton and Ada's book is currently in Winter Soldier, there will be somethings discussed in this that may not have happened yet in the Iron Heart series. Nothing will go into detail. Jessica Atkinson and Paige Parker will remain as solo works. They will not tie into the rest of the books.