December, 19th, 2027

I'm coming home for Christmas.
I moved to California a couple years ago.
But come back to see my brother.
He married now, and has a newly born son.
His wife Avery, (I know what your thinking and yes, Avery, the crazy girl who was obsessed with my ex boyfriend, married to my brother... like I said before, she turned out alright.) anyways my brother and Avery are so happy together. As I'm driving i notice my gas running low, I pull into a gas station 10 minutes away from my destination. I fill my car up and go inside to pay. I walk to the desk and pull out my card. I smile and my eyes flicker up toward the man at the desk. I freeze and stare at the man. He smiles and takes my card from my hand unfazed. It was him. I gulped and smiled again. After I payed for my gas I turned to leave. As I got to the door, he spoke; "it was nice to see you again, Grace" I turned and look at him, before smiling, "You too Ash" then I left, and I never saw him again. I got a degree for English literature, and became a teacher, I got married at 32, and had my first baby girl at 33 (Her name is Emily), when I was 36 I had twins (Aaron and Libby), I watched my children grow with my husband, and grow old with him. And I still think of him till this day, but at some point you have to realize that some people can stay in you heart, but not in your life.