4 - Comeuppance

Alden

Waiting at EB's host room, I was browsing the internet for possible pranks because I still needed to get back at her.

After her bawang breath comeback, I found my revenge when her white dress for one scene was erroneously delivered to my room. I found some poster paint with the props guys, painted my hands blue and proceeded to make handprints on the back area of the dress.

The dress was conveniently delivered last minute and Maine was sent out before anyone could see (also because I dragged her out saying we already needed to shoot).

She walked around the set with my hand(prints) on her butt long enough for me to take photos.

Too bad people from wardrobe noticed agad. I laughed at Maine's horrified face. "What the hell?! Are you five? Jerk!"

"My hands look good on those!"

A few days later, I was in a hurry so I got dressed with the clothes I brought and was about to run to the EB stage but everyone stopped me. "Alden, ano ba yang suot mo? Hindi ka pwede lumabas ng ganyan!" Mama Ten reprimanded while everyone else was chuckling.

My white skinny jeans had been written on. It had, in permanent ink across the crotch area, the words FELIX BAKAT.

I have to get her for that.

"Anong ginagawa mo, Paps?" Sam and Patty asked.

I explained to him that I needed a comeback for Maine's latest prank.

They chuckled. "Ang cute niyo!"

"Anong cute dun?! Nakakabwisit na. Buti nalang patapos na ang shoot."

Pauleen joined in. "Oo nga pero after niyan puro promo. Sabi ni Vic, madalas ka daw ipapadala sa baranggay para magkasama kayo."

"Ha?! Dito nalang ako! Ilayo niyo ako sa baliw na yun."

"Bakit ba kasi away kayo ng away? Pati sila Mr. T gusto na magalit."

Bakit nga ba? I don't know. Ang alam ko lang, I see her and I get irritated, kulang nalang I get hives. Allergic ata ako sa kanya.

"Ma," I approached her and Sam at the shoot that night and said, "Kausapin na natin ang GMA at TAPE. Ayoko na sa team up na'to. Ang unprofessional ko na! Kasalanan ng Maine Mendoza na yan."

"Ha? Pano naging kasalanan niya?"

"Kung hindi siya nangiinis, hindi ko kelangan gumanti."

"Pareho lang kayo. Anyway, kung ayaw mo na, sige magset tayo ng meeting."

Maine heard everything.

***

Maine

So, ayaw na niya ako maka-work. Okay lang naman, nakakapagod din araw-araw magplan ng something to make sure hindi ako maisahan nito.

Sayang lang. I mean, we started out great sa split-screen and a part of me thinks na maybe at the end of it all, we could still get a friendship out of this.

Pero ayaw niya, eh di wag.

He texted that night.

"Maine, gusto ko lang mag-sorry dun sa kanina. I should've talked to you about it. Sorry kung nasaktan ka in any way and I really want to make it up to you."

Reply ko to him:

"HU U?"

The next day was our final scene for the end of the movie. We were asked to stand together at the center while the others were given instructions. I saw him eye me appreciatively in the pink gown but he quickly rolled his eyes after. "Wag ka na magpanggap. Ganda ko 'no?"

"Oo, galing talaga ng makeup artist."

"Sinasabi mo bang panget ako?"

"Hinde. Hindi ka lang maganda kaya wag kang masyadong maarte."

"Well, hindi ka hot."

"Hindi ka sexy."

I narrowed my eyes and inched closer to him, staring at his lips. "Ows?"

He gulped.

"Alden?" I whispered.

"Y-yes?"

"Si Felix nakabakat."

Then, I jammed my heel on his toe and walked away.

Note: "Felix" aka Junjun, okay?