chapter 14

Manik was looking out of the window ,at the moon ,which was so calm. But inside Maniks heart, there was no peace.
He was exhausted and blamed himself for everything.
On hearing the sound of the bathrooms door, Manik turned to face Nandini.
Manik noticed that Nandini's hair was wet, eyes had swollen due to crying, cheeks were red and the mark's on her body were covered behind the white night dress.
Moving towards Nandini, Manik took the towel from her hand.
Nandini, realised that Manik was feeling guilty and wanted to make her feel comfortable.
Without saying a word, Nandini went and sat on the bed.
It was only then, she realised that her couch was missing from the room.
Nandini ( confused ) : Manik. ....yeh mera couch kaha pein hai? ?????
Manik came and sat beside her.
Manik : maine tumhe subha ko bataya tha na Nandini. .....iss liye ab couch ki kya zarurat hai! !!!!!
A glimpse of Maniks words came to her " yesterday night was the best night of my life. ...."
Nandini  (felt shy ) : don't you think hum. ....jaldbaazi kar rahe hai. .....I mean. ..
Manik ( cuts in ) : Nandini. ..hum logo ki shaadi ko 3 months ho rahe hai. ....and it is quite normal between couples to share the same bed! !!!!
Nandini  (totally confused, exclaimed ): share the same bed! !!!!!!!
Manik ( not understanding ) : yeah! !!!!.... (then the fact dawned upon him )...wait. .....you thought ki I was talking about s**.......dirty mind. ...
Nandini ( feeling shy and embarrassed ): mujhe kuch yaad nehin tha. ....toh it was just a guess! !!!
Manik ( frustrated ): how could you even. ..think about it? ????.....I would never force myself on you. ...until and unless you also want the same thing! !!!
Nandini (apologetic ) : I know Manik. ...it was the alcohol! !!
Manik ( angrily ) : you are never gonna drink again! !!!....aur kal raat. ..mere liye ....issliye special tha kyon ki. ....you were sleeping beside me. ...after many years I slept peacefully and. .....I want you to sleep beside me. ..every night. ...and nothing else.
On hearing Maniks words, Nandini was overwhelmed.
Though she had failed to understand her monster, but this fact was not at all disappointing her, rather she was happy.

Only 2 days were left for the 'Talent Hunt '. The backstage was filled with students, all busy in carrying out their respective duties.
Aliya was busy moving around the whole place and screaming on top of her voice ,at the juniors.
Aliya : moron 's. ..aise kaam karoge toh stage do din mein kya do saal mein bhi decorate nehin hoga!!!!!
Navya : Aliya. ...shant ho jao! !!
Aliya : have you seen these jerks Navya? ??....ek kaam bhi theek se nehin karte! !!!!
Cabir ( interrupted ): any problem. ...girls? ????
Aliya : where the heck were you? ?? ......stage ke curtains ka kya hua? ????
Cabir  (scared ) : sorry. ....woh main
Seeing Aliya's monster wala face, Cabir ran away.
Aliya : dekha. ...I knew yeh curtains ke bareme bhul gaya hai! !!!!!
Nandini was entering the backstage, when she noticed a girl fall on the ground really hard. her boyfriend, instead of picking her up, was blaming the girl and was creating a scene in front of the other students.
Nandini ( disgusted ): ayyappa. ...kaisa boyfriend hai yeh? ????......aapni girlfriend ko help karne ke jagah. ...yeh toh usse kitni rudely baat kar raha hai! !!!!

Navya ( confused ) : Mukti. ...zara waha dekho! !!!!
Mukti ( irritatedly ) : kya? ????
Navya : arrey! !!!!!waha Nandini ko dekho
Mukti ( absent minded ): haan meri maa. ...dekh liya Nandini ko. ....joh ki without any reason store room ki taraf jaa rahi hai. ....aur store room ke floor pein pani gira hua hai
(Saying this, she gaped at Navya )
Within few seconds, everyone heard Nandini scream, as she had actually slipped on that water.
Manik rushed towards her.
Bending on his knees, Manik took off her shoes.
Nandini ( crying with pain ): Manik. ..kya kar rahe ho? ????
On seeing Nandini in pain, Manik was feeling restless. Without uttering a word, Manik twisted her ankle.
Nandini yelled Maniks name on top of her voice and then felt reliefed.
Manik took her in his arms and let from there at once.
Nandini ( pov ) : bina kuch kahe. ...bina kuch socche. ...you just touched my feet in front of everyone. ...tum ne mujhe scold bhi nehin kiya, like that guy. ...why are you so different Manik? ????
Thinking about this, Nandini's eyes became teary.