Chapter 54

"Jacob! You lied a vist, she's coming to take Elle's Job. Jacob she best be safe." Connie looked "Con, I didn't want to worry you last night please calm down." He sighed, "Calm down!" Elle walked in, "Okay Bye." She laughed, Connie stormed past Jacob following Elle to her office. "Why are you leaving?" Connie looked "I don't want to be here anymore." "Lies." "No it isn't! Just because he hit you doesn't mean he does me okay, he is different." Jacob stood on the other side of the door listening. "Elle why are you leaving?" "I told you! No wonder he hit you, you won't leave things he doesn't hit me you could examine me I'm perfectly fine! Can you understand will you drop it?!" Connie looked slightly shocked, "Look. He doesn't hit me, we are going away so he can get help with his temper. He's never laid a finger on me, I can promise you that. But I just stop with the questions. He hit you because you got on his nerves Connie don't you get that, that's all you ever do." "What and that makes it okay?! For him to hit me, call my daughter?" "No but-" "There is no buts! It's fine for him to hit me because I get on his nerves... you know some days I'd do everything he'd ask. Everything! And it wouldn't be enough, then he'd find other ways to hurt me by calling Grace names threatening to hurt her. Then he had to go further, he'd start burning me. Then he'd force me to do things! You think all that's okay you think something can justify all that?!" "Connie get over it!" "Wow!" Was all Connie could reply. She quickly left the room running past Jacob to the on call room alerting everyone, she locked the door and ran to the bathroom in there throwing up as she rembered the past.

"After everything you put her through these five years, she still was worried sick about you! Then you go and say that, tell her to get over it! Elle there is still things she hasn't told me, she can't he hurt her bad. It doesn't matter if she tried to kill him, some of the things. You just can't get over!" Everyone was now staring over at Elle, as Jacob ran to the on call room. "Con let me in." Jacob spoke softly, Connie was still being sick. "Sweetcheeks  for me please, we can lock it streight after." She came and unlocked the door quickly before returning to the bathroom. He sighed hearing her, he came in holding her back and gently rubbing her back.

She eventually stopped, she didn't look back to him. Instead she got up and checked the door was locked before lying on the bed, she looked over to him letting him know he could come over. He came and lay on the bed, she moved herself over before crying. He gently soothed her, until she somewhat calmed. She looked up, Jacob's shirt now wet from her tears. He rubbed away her drenched cheeks, "Listen to me, What he did to you is wrong Connie. No one expects you to get over it ever, them two are made for eachother with her saying those things and all. I don't want you to ever listen to any of it okay?" She nodded, her eyes not moving from his. "I love you so much." He smiled, "I love you too." She moved up slightly. He stood up making Connie frown, "Lift you bum." He smiled, she pushed off the bed lifting her back. He pulled the quilt down "Feet." He commanded, she then lifted her feet. He pulled the quilt over her and then climbed in next to her, she smiled and moved her head to her usual position.

A few minutes past, "We need to work." She sighed quietly. "No, you matter more." He smiled kissing her forehead, she looked up "We're okay?" "Sweetcheeks when aren't we okay?" He laughed, "It's just we have argued so much recently and I don't like it... I don't want to get on your nerves-" "Shut up, you never will and I'm never going to hurt you. And Con, couples argue all the time we argue less than any I know and we always fix it okay. Please don't worry." She nodded and kissed him. They lay together in silence, he haddn't noticed she had fallen asleep. A gentle knock came upon the door, Jacob sighed waiting for Connie to become scared but, she didn't he looked down to a peaceful sleeping Connie. He kissed her head and gently slipped out of the bed before coming to the door.

"Jacob!" Zoe smiled as she embraced him, "Zoe, can we be quiet." He smiled hugging her back, "Yeah sure, why?" She whispered. Jacob sighed before explaining the whole situation, "Is she okay?" "She likes to tell me that Zoe but, I honestly don't know. Elle has really been on top form recently and I know she's sick of it all." He sighed glancing back at her, "Why not take her home?" Zoe smiled, "I will when she wakes... you need to come round see the girls." He smiled, "Yeah definitely, I'll arrange something with Connie. I hope you are both okay." "Thank You... wait I thought you didn't start till tomorrow?" "I don't. I'm waiting for Max, we are going for a talk and I heard you were up here." Jacob smiled "Well I hope it goes well." "Thank you, see you soon." "Bye." Jacob smiled before getting back into bed with Connie.

After a while Connie woke, "Jacob!" She gasped, he chuckled "Yeah." "We need to work." "No it's fine... family emergency." He smiled, "Now come on home." He glared, she nodded before smirking "Can we get McDonald's?" "I won't say no... but we need to hide the evidence." He laughed, she smiled and stood up he came and pulled her into a hug "You okay Sweetcheeks?" She nodded "Better than before." "Good." He smiled