01

"we'll be okay, don't worry, hyung," jeongguk said reassuringly, speaking on the phone. "yes, one of us will call you if we find anything.... okay, talk to you later.. bye."

yoongi looked over at jeongguk, who was sitting in the passenger seat of his car, and slightly smiled. "was that seokjin?"

"ah, no."

"namjoon?"

"mhm," jeongguk nodded and hummed in response, staring out of the window of the truck.

the young boy was quiet for a few minutes, appearing to be somewhat zoned out.

"jeongguk, are you okay?" yoongi questioned, casting him a concerned glance whilst also trying to stay focused on the road.

"yeah..." jeongguk trailed off, "i'm just worried that we won't find him and he'll still be missing... he's been gone for a while now.."

"hey, we're gonna find him, okay? try not to worry so much. it'll only make you feel sick and you can't help look for him if you're sick, can you?"

"...no."

"that's what i thought." the older cracked a smile. "plus, jimin wouldn't want you to get so worked up. just try to keep in mind that he's okay and that we'll find him."

jeongguk sighed, but nodded. "you're right.. i can't help look for him if i'm too busy panicking or puking up my guts from anxiety."

"yikes, didn't need the visual." yoongi scrunched his face up in disgust.

"oh shut up," he laughed, rolling his eyes at his hyung before changing the subject. "are we almost there?"

"yeah, just a few more minutes."

"so explain to me again why we're going to these creepy woods half an hour from our homes by ourselves at seven o'clock at night? because that doesn't seem too smart."

"jeongguk, i told you, this is where the police found jimin's jacket. it's the only place they've been able to find even a smidge of evidence of him. it's really the only lead we have right now," yoongi explained, pulling into the parking lot of some old, shut down apartments across the street from the area of woods they were to search.

"okay, but why would jimin even be all the way out here? it doesn't make sense, hyung. he rarely ever even left the house by himself! so why the hell would he run off to some place that far from where he lives? where could he even be? this doesn't add up!"

"dammit jeongguk! i don't know, okay!? do you think if i knew why he left and where he went, i would be here looking for him?"

jeongguk meekly shook his head.

"okay then. grab the backpack and let's get going. we don't have any time to waste," yoongi directed, climbing out of his truck. he shoved his cellphone in his pocket and grabbed ahold of his flashlight, pushing the button and turning it on. he shined it around a little to make sure it was working properly.

once jeongguk had shut his door and rounded the car, a bag on his back, yoongi locked the truck and crammed his keys into one of the pockets of his jacket.

"come on," yoongi mumbled to the younger boy who immediately obeyed and began walking alongside him, a flashlight in his hand as well.