04

yoongi didn't know what to do.
quite frankly, he was in a state of panic.
what was he going to tell jeongguk's parents?
'hey sorry mr and mrs jeon, but i lost your son in the woods while we were searching for jimin.'
like, seriously?

now he knew for sure that he wasn't going home anytime soon. he couldn't go home until he found him. he wouldn't go home until he found him. so, he began his new search for jeon jeongguk.

shining his flashlight around, he continued his journey through the trees to find any sign of either boy. he carefully explored the wooded area, despite how frantically his heart was pounding.

at this point, yoongi wasn't quite sure what to do. if he didn't find jeongguk tonight, he knew he would have to contact mr and mrs jeon and tell them the truth — unless he could convince them to let the boy stay the night at his house. then he would have more time to try and find him.

he sighed and leaned against a tree nearby. he fished his cell phone out of his pocket and went to a contact reading 'jeongguk's mother.' swallowing thickly, he selected the icon to dial her number.

a few rings later, a gentle voice came through the line. "hello?"

"yes, hello mrs jeon. it's min yoongi."

"yoongi, hello. how are things going?"

"uh, good. things are good. we haven't found jimin, but we found a ring that belongs to him. so that's a start in the right direction."

"ah, i see. that's good to hear. how is my jeonggukkie doing?"

"he's doing just fine, ma'am. he's actually, uh, resting in the truck at the moment. speaking of which, i was wondering if he could stay at my place tonight? it's already kind of late and if he stays, we can get an earlier head start tomorrow," yoongi explained, trying to sound as believable as possible.

the woman was quiet for a few minutes, the only sound coming from her end of the line being murmuring between her and presumably mr jeon.

"i just talked to mr jeon and that's perfectly fine with us. just please let me know what all is going on from time to time, yeah?"

"of course, ma'am."

"alright. tell jeongguk that we love him."

"will do, mrs jeon. have a nice night."

"you too, yoongi."

hanging up the phone, yoongi sighed in relief. now all he had to worry about was finding jeongguk and making sure he was safe.