Christmas alone

10 years later
Saffire's POV
  I sat on the couch in front of the fireplace looking at the flames. It was Christmas Eve and i was alone. The apartment was empty and all i could hear was the cracking sound of the fire and the quiet Christmas music i had playing. I sipped my tea and started to fall asleep.
  "Beautiful im home." Someone whispered in my ear making me turn around quickly. I smiled and looked into the beautiful eyes of Skylar.
  "Baby! Your home!" I said excitedly, setting my tea down and getting up to hug her. I hugged her for almost a minute then i pulled away suddenly and looked at her confused.
  "Wait, but you're supposed to be in California. Your parents wanted to have Christmas with you." She smiled and sat down on the couch pulling me onto her lap with her.
  "Yes, but..i wanted to come back and have my first Christmas with you." She kissed my cheek and i giggled but was still confused.
  "Wait, but we have had Christmas together before." She nodded.
  "Yes but thats when we were dating, i said i wanted to spend my first Christmas with you." Still confused i looked at her with my head sideways.
  "Saffire, i have spend the last 10 years loving you as my girlfriend, and as soon as i got out of the hospital i wanted to officially be your girlfriend. I wanted to have more than what we were doing then and thats what happened. But after 10 years, I don't want to call you my girlfriend anymore." My heart felt funny and my stomach was doing flips.
  "W-what are you saying?" I asked cautiously.
  "Saffire, I don't want to call you my girlfriend anymore, i wan to call you my fiancé and future wife." She smiled and pulled something out of her pocket. It was a small ring with both of our names engraved. I looked her in the eyes and started laughing.
  "Skylar, did you just ask me to marry you?" She smiled and held the ring out.
  "Yes I just did." We both smiled and I nodded my head, slowly at first but i was soon rapidly nodding and giggling. She took my hand and put the ring on my finger then put her hand on the side of my face and looked at me in the eyes.
  "I love you." She said with a beautiful smile.
  "I love you too." I said with the happiest feeling in my heart. We both sat there for a second looking into each other's eyes, then she leaned in for a kiss, giving me the best Christmas gift ever. Her.
                         ~The End~