The Intern

((au where smosh doesn't exist [yet]))

Anthony Padilla straightened his tie as he hunched in front of his computer screen in his tiny office cubicle.

He hated his job.

When he was younger, he had always wanted to go into entertainment, something fun.

But now, at 23, he had somehow landed himself a job at his dad's firm.

He wanted to quit, to go back to college and take a film class, do something fun with his life.

But nope, his dad had gushed about how he would "take over the family business" and "honor the family's name".

So every day, Anthony sat there, bored out of his mind.

But today was different.

During his lunch break, he went to the tiny "kitchen" space in their office.

And then he saw him.

A shorter man, sipping coffee out of a Starbucks cup.

His breath was taken away. Especially when the other man looked at him with his icy blue eyes. They were the kind of eyes you could just get lost in forever.

"Hi." Anthony said, taking a step toward him. "Are you new here? I've never seen you around."

The other man nodded. "I just started my internship today."

"Well then, let me introduce myself. Anthony Padilla."

"Well, nice to meet you, Mr. Padi-"

"Please, call me Anthony."

"Okay, uh, Anthony, nice to meet you. I'm Ian. Ian Hecox."

Anthony smiled at him. He smiled back.

"Nice to meet you, Ian."

--

The next day, Anthony came back, hoping to see Ian again. Luckily, he did.

"Hey again." Anthony said, waving.

"Hi." said Ian, smiling at him.

They chatted for a bit, until Ian had to go do a coffee run.

"Hey," said Anthony, stopping Ian from leaving. Now or never. "Can I get your number?"

Ian smiled. "Sure." He typed his number into the other man's phone and turned around, walking out of the room.

--

Two weeks later, Anthony stood in front of his dad, wringing his hands nervously.

"Dad, I- I quit. I hate this job. I want to go into entertainment."

Anthony stood there as his dad yelled at him, at first convincing him not to, then finally, "fine. Whatever. Go. I don't need you here. Leave."

Anthony walked out, head down in shame.

"You're leaving?" Anthony turned around to see Ian standing there, with sadness in the blue eyes he adored so much.

"Y-yeah. I'm going to go into entertainment. It's all I've ever wanted." Anthony smiled weakly. Leaving Ian would be the hardest part.

Then, Ian stepped forward and put his lips on his.

They kissed with a passion they had never had before; in the little amount of time they had known each other, they had fallen in love.

Ian pulled away slightly, so just their foreheads were touching. "Take me with you." he whispered.

"Are you sure?"

"It's all I've ever wanted too. And I know it'll be even better with you."
--

Years later, their YouTube channel, SMOSH, had taken off successfully.

And they did it together.