MIDNIGHT FATHER [1/3]

Midnight Father 

We're all sinners, we sin with the thought, the word and the deed. The first step to redemption is feeling sorrow for the sins committed, the second is the confession and the latter is penance. I'm there for that, and they call me Midnight Father. ON AIR.

He put headphones on and spoke softly in the microphone " Good evening, Seoul, Good evening, dear listeners! Midnight Father on We'll start the program with before the first confession of the evening" and put on the soundtrack for them to listen to. After that, he got up and made his way to the minibar he had requested to be brought since he covered the evening -night slot. The whole broadcasting room was in semi darkness, the only light sources being the machineries and the mini bar. He approached the minibar door and looked through the opaque glass. His food was there and he needed it before getting to his job. He used the right hand to open it and took out a small amber boston round glass made from brown glass with a black cap, labelled "Echinacea tincture" and drank it in one go, making weird slurping sounds. The inner parts of his lips were bloodied and his teeth reddened, meaning there was no tincture, but blood.

"It's February, I'm nocturnal because of my work schedule and my allergy, and I can't afford to catch a cold. Sounds pretty normal, eh? I was lucky that Echinacea tincture bottles are made from brown glass. Good Lord, I am grafeful for this awesome disguise." he mused to himself and made the sign of the cross, getting his hands together as if he would be really grateful to his Lord and Savior.

Filled to his body's content, he went back to his job. He looked at his wristwatch before opening the phone line and speaking in the microphone, noticing there were five minutes elapsed until Saint Valentin's day. The vampire-turned-father smirked and decided to proceed differently this one time. "Dear listeners, you know I don't usually choose topics, but, today, I want you to reflect on love. The we celebrate today is, as you know, associated with courtly love. Alright, Midnight Father is ready to hear your confessions about love." the vampire announced. Love is and will always be a hot topic no matter the epoch.

"And the first call of this long night comes from..."

It was a young woman's voice. A bit too high and childish, but manageable. She stuttered at first, but gained courage to finish her sentences. He chuckled, it was too cute and too sweet.

"G-g-good e-evening, M-Midnight Father! M-My name is Juliette. I-I-ve heard about you from classmate. Y-Y-you're quite...popular in our campus." she muttered and this new piece of information raised his ego a little. On the other side of the conversation, she was laying on her bunk bed, all alone in her dorm room, staying up after the curfew. He chuckled to himself at the hearing of the name, it was so obvious to him she wouldn't give her real name to him.

"Good evening, my daughter. I haven't heard this name until now. You're calling for the first time, am I right? he asked her, trying to make her to open to him easier.

"Yes, Midnight Father. Y-You know I'm supposed to...start with " Bless me Father, for I have sinned, It has been [time period] since my last confession, but this is the first time I'm confessing to you." the young woman said, trying to suppress her nervousness. She sighed and breathed deeply, adding "My sins have something to do with love."

"Is it perhaps a forbidden love, my daughter?" he boldly asked, trying to provoke answers and clues from her part. She blushed and touched her burning cheeks and forehead with her other hand. Hearing that gruff, sexy voice pronouncing 'forbidden love" made her blood rise to her cheeks.