Chapter 3: Let's work together

Nanami POV

"It is good to finally meet the goddess of nature, Airisu Midori. I am Tomoe, the familiar. Thank you for coming to our shrine. As a token of our grateful, I have prepared for us to have a drink." Tomoe show us the room where there's full of fest.

She sips her tea gracefully. Watching her is like watching a princess in reality! "It will be fun to have another human god, isn't that right?" She said, looking at Sasuke who is calmly sitting beside her with crossed legs.

"Yeah. At least you have a friend."

"I don't want to be rude but by the looks of it, you had becoming a goddess longer than Nanami. May I ask how long?" Tomoe surprisingly asked in polite.

She smile, turn to face me as she speak, "Since this is her first time becoming a goddess, it won't be bad sharing with you then? Let me see... Ah! I became a goddess of nature when I was 12."

"EHHHH?!" I stares at her in disbelieve. She is too young to begin with!

"I know you're shocked about this, Nanami-chan but it's true. After my grandmother's death, it's my duty to took her job and taking care of the shrine. And I don't have relative. My parent died in car accident and I am the only daughter they have. When I was 12, I found Sasuke almost drowning in the lake. At that time he was in his cat form due to lack of energy and stamina as a result he couldn't change into his normal form." She explained. "As I took care of him, he volunteered to become my familiar. So I accepted him."

So that's why. Now I understand why Sasuke was being so clingy to her is because she is his life saver. I was surprised to know he volunteered himself to become her familiar! The cold heart Sasuke has soft spot toward Airisu-sempai! Awe... they will make a cute couple.

I glance at the other girl sitting beside her who is brushing Airisu's hair graceful and perfect. "And who is that girl?" I asked.

"Oh? This one? She is the spirit who serve the shrine. Her name is Airi. She is well known of her obsession towards 'perfection'"

"Hi! I am Airi! It's nice to meet you~ If you need any help that related to perfection, you can count on me~" She exclaims.

"Uhh... yeah." I sweat dropped.

Airisu-sempai squeal as she hold both of my hands together, "I can't wait to work together with you, Nanami-chan! I can help you start how to becoming a goddess but in one condition."

"W-What is the condition?"

She grinned, "Every time I come to teach you, you have to let me sleepover at the same day and the next day I will leave if I have no business with you! If that's okay for you and your familiar?"

"Yes!" I paused and slowly look at Tomoe, "If... you're okay with it?"

He crossed his arms, closing his eyes calmly and sigh. "You have my permission then."

I stares at him in eyes widen. He never let his permission to anything before! This is surprising to me but I shrugged it off. Maybe he wouldn't mind another goddess to help me. "Yay! Let's start tomorrow then, Nanami-chan~"

"Sure."

"Damn... staying a night with that damn fox..." Sasuke whispers to himself but I could hear him. Maybe he doesn't like Tomoe and even Tomoe doesn't like Sasuke either. Well those two are yokai of course.

Third POV

The next day, Tomoe has suddenly become aware of the white snake and the mark on Nanami's waist. He come to a decision that he will attend school as her to keep an eye on the snake incase if something might happen to Nanami and thus he is in the same class as her.

Long story short, Nanami has been kidnapped by the white snake as the ruin began to occur cause him to be in rage and summon his fire-fox to find her immediately. Now at Mikage's shrine...

"Lady Nanami!" one of the twin spirit shrine scream. "Lady Nanami has been abducted?!"

"Lady Nanami has been forced into being a snake's bride?!"

"The shrine is done for!" they cried.

"Do not cry, Onikiri. There is hope. Behold!" he point at Tomoe, "the way Master Tomoe is so composed! Ever since he returned, he has been polishing that bottle on the outher corridor. He shows no signs of distress whatsoever!"

"Truly Japan's greatness familiar! How reassuring!"

Than, the bottle suddenly slip out of his hands and breaks into pieces as it fall. The twins shriek in terrified, "this is no good! The shrine is done for!"

"Shut up, will-o'-the-wisps!"

Tomoe sighed in frustrated. He doubt that Nanami would protect herself with weak physical strength. "I must take her back no matter what." He murmurs.

At that time, he doesn't notice that a goddess presence is right behind him behind the shadow. To notice her presence, she slams her fist at the wall beside her, roughly yet loud enough for the others to realize she's in their shrine. They jump in shocked and surprise to see here there.

"A-Airisu..?" Tomoe stutters.

"L-Lady Airisu..."

Shadow covers her face, gritted her teeth in mad and mumble, "He got Nanami-chan?" she spoke in dark tone which gives a hiver down of their spine, "He should have known this is not the right decision yet he kidnapped her like that even though she had a familiar already? Idiot!"

She pushed Tomoe out of her way as she about to leave the shrine to save Nanami but stopped when Tomoe called for her, "Wait! Where are you going?!"

She glance at her shoulder and said, "Saving Nanami, of course."

With that she disappeared like a mist as if she never exist. It took him few second to realize that Airisu knows who kidnapped Nanami and knew where to find her. He immediately followed her in his corridor.