drawing tips yeyeye

things to keep in mind when drawing:

1. use grids if you're drawing from a photo reference
there's no rule in art that says grids aren't allowed and that using one is cheating. barely any professional artists are able to perfectly replicate a photo by free-hand. don't be ashamed to use one (though it may be confusing or take a while to set up) because it's like training yourself to free-hand in small, manageable sections. i use it, many people use it, so why not ??

2. nobody cares if your art is crap
something i learned is that art isn't entirely about the look of the finished product. it's all about the creative process, including things like what techniques you used, which areas you struggled with, and what little tricks or notes you come up with in the process of drawing. all these things are what you need to be aware of to improve. remember, if you think your art is shit, your next piece of art will be slightly less shittier. :)

3. just do it lol but seriously !!
     you're not going to see the slightest bit of improvement if you're just gonna wait for the perfect idea and the most inspiration you can get to come along before you get to drawing. don't be like me. it really helps if you just pick up a pencil for at least 5 minutes everyday and draw anything that comes to mind. draw a sphere and shade it in. draw a pencil. doodle the world. it doesn't need to be polished, just pick up your pencil and drag it across your page. art.

4. take it slow (|-/ lol omg ###spon)
if you're drawing something just for yourself (not a commission, not for school, not for a friend, etc.), chillax !!! literally no one should be pressuring you to finish a piece no matter how easy it is. art is something that requires a lot of motivation, focus and time if you want to get it done right away, so there's no reason to be forced to complete anything if any is lacking.

5. background noise helps ??
i think it's safe to say that most people like to have something going on in the background while drawing. listening to music is probs the most popular option (either your fav songs or discovering other music ppl reccommend; i currently do the latter). i know some people who also even like to put on tv show episodes or movies, if you're that good at multitasking,,

(lol i know these are all crap and probably contradicting each other but oh well maybe they are helpful to some people and i might write some more if i think of any)

have a nice day/night :^)