Seeing Double

Based on the requests by FandomsFuelMe and anonymous (angelsxreader tumblr)

Warning: self hate

Words: 1200+

"You're shitting me, Sam. An angel? Holy feather duster?" You laughed. "Right, next you'll be telling me that you've gotten a unicorn to chauffeur the impala around."

"Y/N, I'm being serious. Angels are real. One pulled Dean out of Hell." Sam explained over the phone.

You were silent. "Dean... Dean's alive? When?! How-"

Sam cut you short. "Look, we can explain it all later. I'll text you the address of the motel we're at."

"The old gang, back together?" You asked. You and the Winchester brothers had been hunting partners for ages. You tagged along on almost all their hunts until Dean took a trip downstairs. You and Sam had drifted apart, opting for solo hunts instead.

"The old gang, plus one." Dean's voice chimed in. It was a relief to hear his cocky voice after all this time. "Whatcha say, Y/N?"

You grinned, knowing they couldn't see, but doing it anyways. "Sign me the hell up."

-_-_-_-_-

You pulled up next to the black '67 near the room number Sam assured you they were staying in. The younger brother opened the door before you could knock, and ushered you inside.

"Hey kiddo." Dean said, grinning. You hugged him with all your strength, but slowly moved your hand to the flask of holy water in his back pocket.

"He's not a demon, I assure you." A deep voice said.

You pulled away and looked at who had spoken. The man was fairly young, with dark and messy hair. He wore a suit with a tan trench-coat over top of it, seemingly not bothered by the heat. 

"Y/N, this is Castiel..." Sam explained. "...The angel."

Castiel's brilliant blue eyes peering into your very soul. You walked around him, glancing at his back. "Doesn't look like an angel. Shouldn't you have wings?"

"This is a vessel. My true form does have wings, but the human mind is far too weak to view them without severe and irreversible damage." Castiel rambled.

"Pleasant." You grimaced.

-_-_-_-_-

Castiel was a bit robotic at first. He slowly grew to be his own person (or angel) over time, adopting the nickname "Cas."

Cas put his trust in you. You were the first person he'd go to when he didn't understand something (which was often), you were the one he opened up to, and you were the one who first earned a smile from him.

The angel was awkwardly adorable, very gentlemanly, and could kick ass when needed.

It was when you were both sitting at a bar, watching the brothers hustle pool for money, when Castiel's hand brushed over yours on its way to pick a stray hair off your shirt. You looked into his eyes, and that was the moment you knew; you were in love.

That head over heels love where he was on your mind all the time. That unrequited love you knew he couldn't return. That love where he was perfect and you were... you.

But you couldn't help but love sharing the backseat of the impala with Cas. Never stopped loving when you split into groups and got paired with the angel. Always enjoyed every last minute with him, no matter what you were doing.