chapter five

The car hit a bump waking me up from where I had slumped in my sleep. I was now laying on my side and as I blinked my eyes open I was greeted by dim sunlight through the windows and Delta appeared to have pull two computer screens out of the roof of the car and was tapping away on the screens. In the soft glow from the screens I could see that he was shirtless and appeared to have changed his pants too.

As we hit another small bump I rolled to my stomach and stretched letting out a small moan and a big sigh as my muscles fell back into place. I raise up onto my hands and knees and shake out my tail before making sure to hold it up as I crawl towards Delta and slowly inch closer. As I approach I can confirm that he has changed his black slacks for soft leather pants. His lack of a shirt allows me to see his chest is covered in scars and tattoos with an absolutely mouthwatering happy trail that bisects his abs and don't even get me started on the way his waist and hips make that amazing v shape every girls dreams of kissing along.

I hesitated a moment before going to sit between the knives and Delta's chair and rest my head on his lap. He stopped tapping on the screen for a second before I felt a hand on the back of my head. A tug on my hair had me raising my head to meet his dark eyes. 'Did you enjoy your nap, Pet?'

I nod 'How long was I asleep?'

'Two hours but we are almost there so it's a good thing that you woke up when you did.' He tugged my hair again but this time to get me to lay my head back down. 'We can sit like this only when nobody is around. My position is won and as such there are constantly others seeking to take it from me. Some are honest and challeng for it outright, others sneak and plot, and neither will hesitate to use you against me. As such I will be the biggest ass towards you at times for no other reason than to show you who is boss, and them that I am still the heartless killer they all know me to be.' 

I nod my head confused by his confession and gentle tone. It is no secret that wolves are pack animals and earn status based on strength, dominance, and brutality. An alpha can inherent the title from his father due to the long line f family history at that position but should a challenger ever arise that can best him in a fight he is either killed or forced into an omega status at which point the longest of blood lines will mean nothing to the pack. the other positions are won in much the same way.

'Is it true what they say about how you gained your position,' I know I shouldn't ask personal questions of a man who doesn't even need a name to send others running in fear but I truly am as curios as a fox. I guess he was right about my curiosity after all. I tense waiting for an answer I knw I'm not likely to receive.

he doesn't disappoint as instead of answering he grabs a pair of leather knee high boots with sic inch heels and sets them in front of me, 'Put them on and go to your bed.' With that he pushes my head off his lap and goes back to tapping on the screens.

I slide on the black boots and do as I'm told. once seated on my bed again I wonder what awaits at the pack. I don't have long to wait as a few minutes later the car stops and not even three seconds later the door opens. 

'Let's go,' is  all he says as he closes the screens and exits the SUV.