Chapter 24

I'm leaving this place, I repeated.

That is it. I'm leaving.  I glanced at the clock, I have to check. The clock reads 4:03.

Jacob is almost here. I have to hurry!

I went out, feeling the air on my skin. It feels good. I inhaled the fresh air.

Focus. Ignore the fresh air. Run. Don't take car with you. Be smart. Bring your cell phone with you. Run in the forest! The voice screamed in my head. I'm not sure when I started hearing voices in my head.

At first I heard, I freaked out. Then after a while, I calmed down and listened to the voice.

The voice in my head are always right. The voice never been wrong. The voice said the baby is worth fighting and I had to listen.

But....I don't have any cell phone. He took it. I said to the voice.

I felt hot fire roared in my body, ready to explosion. I knew what it is at the moment.

Anger is the answer. Anger boiling inside me. I hate him than I can say it or think it. I hate him with my whole heart. But I will rather suffer with him rather than seeing Edward die.

What if all your suffer will just save your loved ones, will you? I had to. I just had to save Edward.

All I need to save him is suffer pain. I have to. Pain is part of life anyway. I have to.

I hear howling. Jacob. And the pack. My heart stopped. I would give my soul to be with Edward but....he's here. I can't fight him. What I do?

No! Go back! In the house! We can run away. When he goes away again. Go! In the house! Run. Do the dishes. Act like nothing happened or he will suspect. Lie best you can!

But I couldn't bring my legs in the house.

I stood there, still.