Is this the afterlife?

It was so dark and I mean like... pitch black. I couldn't see anything. All I remembered was that I was on a Spring Break trip to Orlando, Florida. My friend, Jade, was with me, but I didn't see her or my mother. Confused, I got up and started to walk around. What was this place and where was I. Then I saw a scene of my friend and my mom. They were both sobbing. Curiosity got the better for as I walked towards them. 

"I hope she is okay," Jade said. My mom sat on the chair sobbing her eyes out. "Oh, why." My mom mumbled and repeated. "Why." I watched as Jade sat right beside her and they both hugged each other. I was so confused right now. What is my mom saying and who was Jade talking about?

I walked to the door that led into another room. I reached for the door handle, but my hand went right through it. I jumped for a split second and then I slowly extended my arm, until my whole arm went through. I felt no pain and couldn't even feel the door. Shrugging, I slowly slipped through the door. Entering the room, I heard a monitor beating and smiled. Well at least the person that was on that bed was alive. Then I saw a curly brown hair and my heart dropped. The monitor beeped loudly as the person's heart slowed down. Fear ran throughout my body as I approached the bed.

Reaching the bed, I looked at person's face and jumped back in horror. It was me on that bed, but how on earth was I here and my body was right there. Then the worst thought came to mind; I'm dead. But how was my heart still beating. I walked right through the wall again and my eyes fell on my sobbing friend and mom.

"This is my fault," said Jade. She covered her face in her hands. My mom wrapped her arms around her.

"It's not. We didn't know." My mom replied. They repeated blamed themselves because of me.

Then a handsome guy with dirty blond hair walked in with flowers in his hand. He gave my mom a sad smile. "I am terribly sorry, Mrs. Cooks." He sincerely handed her the flowers. My mom took it and went into my room. "How is she?" he asked. Jade shook her head.

"She's out in a coma," she said. So I was not dead! I entered the room again to see my mom looking at me. She took my hand, and landed a soft, loving kiss, then looked down. I looked at my hand wondering if I'll ever get back into my body.

"I'm so sorry," she mumbled. I went to reached out towards her, but then everything change. I was no longer in the hospital. Instead I felt darkness.

I turned around to see nothing, but darkness. But when I looked back I saw... light. I shielded my eyes as the light grew brighter. Is this really the end for me? I started to walk to it even though I couldn't see straight in front of me. As the light started to fade a bit I let my hand drop down. There in front of me was a golden gate. I approached the gate as it slowly opened up. I suddenly felt so happy as the light from inside the gate shined bright on me. 

"Could this be-" I said. Then something grabbed me. I turned and saw nothing. Then all of a suddenly everything changed. The ground collapse and I started to fall, FAST. I watched as the gate got farther and farther away. Now I was dead for sure. 

********************************************************************************************************

Any character ideas for them. Anyone?

(Edited by Desseh)