0IV

          Two days passed with Amanda having the same routine

Two days passed with Amanda having the same routine. She worked on the three Formula Ones for the grand race to be held on the second week. She was together with the other mechanics of her stepfather focusing on the wiring, engine performance and the fluidity of the run. Matteo as usual drove her home while Noman, nursing two more hangovers, entertained her with his set of Originals and The Tudors DVD.

On the third day, she, having preregistered in an international mountain climbing club back in New Zealand, traveled to the province's highest mountain with Noman and Matteo tagging along.  This was one of her most awaited activities during her stay in the country.

"Alright, we are here," announced the athletic, dreadlock-haired Club leader, Kenneth.

They left the van in a clearing surrounded by many trees and shrubbery some distance away and trekked in a narrow rocky path to where they stood now - in front of an intimidating red and gray, close-to-vertical rock formation with its summit reaching to as high as ten floors.  The other side of it was a slanting land, easy for them to trek back to the van.

The sky was a beautiful blue.  Clouds were present but they were white enough to hint no rain to come.

"Is he seriously going to expect us to climb that?" Noman whispered on Amanda's left ear.  He stared at the megalithic rock formation and cringed.

Amanda only grinned at him.  "Yes, that's the purpose of this travel Dom."

"I don't think I can do that," he added, putting his index finger against his bottom lip and biting it.

Amanda gave him an Are-You-Serious look. "Then why did you come along with me?"

Noman rolled his eyes and smiled at her impishly. "Uggh, hello Cait? To check out men!" he replied and true enough, it was his plan all along considering he just wore cardigan pants and a button-up shirt exactly a complete contrast of Amanda and Matteo's sports attire.

She shook her head in disbelief and nudged at her bestfriend on the ribs. "You really are silly Dom."

"I for one would like to climb that," Matteo, who had been quietly listening to their conversation, cut in. He examined the towering land formation with sparks in his eyes and continued, "Nothing could compare to reaching the top of that with Caitlin next to me."