Four

On the private jet, Marci has taken her shoes off and Andre jacket is around her shoulders because the jet was kind of cool. They are sitting across from each other at a table playing solitaire, but also asking each other questions.

"So did you always want to work at your dad's company" she asks?

"No I actually wanted to start my own business firm but dad had it set that all his kids would follow his footsteps in the music industry" Andre says.

"Well you could have started your own path" she says.

"What about you? Any family" he asks?

"I had a twin brother but he passed away when we were two. I have two older brothers and two younger sisters, one older sister and three nieces" she says.

"So you come from a big family" he asks?

"Yes and I want a big family. But my career has put that on the back burner" she says.

"What exactly do you do" Andre asks?

"I am a reporter" she says and looks up to see Andre tense up before leaning back in his seat.

"That's nice" he says and she places her cards on the table and looks at him with an eyebrow raised, she scoots out of her seat and stands up walking around her seat and sitting next to him.

"Andre I understand that you haven't had good luck with reporters, law enforcement and whatever. But I'm not like that, I don't care about your family or your money" she says and hesitantly reaches her hand up and places her hand on the crevice where his neck and cheek meet.

       Andre hand comes up wrapping around her wrist as his head turns and faces her, Marci pushes against his strength and strokes his cheek. She leans in and presses her lips against his, he is hesitant at first before pulling away.

"I want to. But I can't" he says.

"Hey Andre it's just a kiss. We don't go have to go further than that" she says stroking his cheek before leaning in and kissing him again, this time Andre responds and cups her cheek in his hand kissing back with passion. She gasps as Andre stands up from his seat pulling her up also, his arm wraps around her back as he walks them backwards towards the couch.

"You can do it Andre. We can do it together like before" Rhonda says appearing beside him and he looks at her out the corner of his eyes before he feels her hands on his back.

-X-
      Andre and Hakeem are coming to personal talk to Nessa, to get her to sign to Empire. He came back this morning from his trip with Marci, Andre phone rings and he looks at it to see it's Marci. He hands Hakeem his briefcase and smiles at him.

"You got this little brother" he says and walks away to answer the phone.

      Marci is all smiles in her office as Andre answers the phone.

"Hey Marci" he says.

"Hey Andre. I was wondering if you are free tonight, I have tickets to a concert" she asks?

"Yeah I believe I will be. I'll pick you up" he says.

"I can't wait to see you" she admits.

"I can't wait to see you either" Andre admits and looks behind his shoulder to see Hakeem looking at him amused and smiling at him.

"Alright well I'll see you around nine" Marci says as her assistant walks in.

"Alright bye" Andre says and hangs up the phone.

"Was that your 'friend'" Hakeem asks?

"That's not what we came here for" Andre says clearing his throat.

"We'll be in touch" Hakeem says and smiles at Nessa before he and Andre walk away.

-X-
     Marci is at home around eight thirty getting ready when there is a knock at her door, she comes down the stairs in her robe and opens the door to see Andre with his eye puffy at the bottom.

"What happened to your eye" Marci asks stepping aside letting him in.

"I got into a little fight with the brother of someone we signed to Empire. But I'm fine" he says sitting down on her couch and Marci stands up crossing her arms.

"Andre I won't say I condone violence because I don't" she says.

"He attacked me first. It was self defense" Andre says loosening his tie.

"Let me go get a bag of ice for that bruise" she says and makes her way down the hall.

      She comes back and Andre smiles at her, she sits beside him and and he slips off his shoes before scooting down so his head is on her lap. She gently presses the ice bag on his eye, he winces before pressing closer against her stomach. She grabs the remote from off the table and cuts on the TV, she decides on Wolverine and rests her hand on his chest. Ten minutes into the movie she looks down to see Andre is asleep, she smiles and relaxes against the seat.