Chapter 22:

Natsu's POV

What the hell does Gray think he's doing?! I panic as Gray and the armoured guy get into attack stances. "I won't let you unleash Deliora! And I most certainly won't let you have Lucy!" He punches the white haired guy in the face. "That actually had some kick, but that's not enough to beat me Gray. I was always the better student! ICE EAGLE!" Lyon firers life like ice creatures at my comrade, with only one hand. "If you were the better student!" Gray paused to get up from the hole Lyon had made with his attack. "Then you wouldn't let Deliora out! You wouldn't destroy our master's legacy! ICE LANCE!" Gray attacks back. "You still use two hands! Pathetic!" Lyon laughs. "That's how Ur taught us. It helps us direct more of our magic on our enemy." Gray grunts as Lyon shoots him with an attack. "She only told us to do that, because we weren't strong enough. I know that now. She was only holding me back!" Lyon launches himself at Gray, punching him clean in the face with an ice fist. Gray fell. "I won't let you ruin my destiny. So stay out of my way." Lyon turned to walk away. "Wait." Gray struggled to get up. "If you're not going to change your mind. I'll have to make you change your mind." He got into a stance u hadn't seen before. "You wouldn't do that. You're too much of a coward. Besides, you have your friends here too." He pointed to me. "What are you doing ice pop?" I ask him. "I'm putting an end to this. An end to Lucy's sadness. An end to an abominable monster. It ends now." I he starts creating a ball of magic in his hands. "He's going to try and freeze us all in this temple." Lyon informed me. "What?!" I shout. "It's the only way stop him Natsu!" Gray tells me. "Stop! If you trust us, we'll work together!" I tell him.

Suddenly, a massive blast comes from another wall and the room shakes. We all look towards the maker and two figures, a female and a flying cat. "Gray, that's enough." Lucy shots a scary glare at him. "Lucy!" I cheer running up to her. "Now not the time Natsu." He punches me in the face as I try to get to her. "Lucy." Gray gasps, his face full of shock. "What did our parents say about using that spell? What did your master tell you?!" She screams at him with an angry aura, but from my place on the ground, I could see she was just worried about him. "I have to stop this here and now." He returns to his previous stance. "Well then, I guess that leaves me no choice." Luce cracks her knuckles, neck then legs and suddenly vanishes. I quickly look around the room and see her in front of Gray, currently knocking him out with one punch to the gut. "I'm sorry, brother." She whispers in his ear and he falls to the ground, Lucy slowly helping him.

Lucy's POV

"So, the profit finally joins us." Lyon chuckles as I lay my fallen brother on the floor. "I can't believe you. Your own master gave her life to save you, and all you do is go and kill yourself to beat her! What the hell is wrong with you!" I burst, surprising my conscious friend in the room. "It's my destiny. You wouldn't understand. Now I must go rest." He turns around to leave, but I had a different idea. I appeared behind him and swiftly karate chopped him in the neck. He goes flying into the wall, making a crack. "You better stand down, or I will be back." My bangs cover my eyes as I look down at him, disgusted, and leave with my nakama, Natsu carrying Gray on his back.

As we walked, Natsu talked about the battle. "How did you move so quickly, Luce? That was amazing?" He grinned, trying to learn my secrets. "I learnt it while I was with Fuego, my dragon. He also taught me how to see from farther distances as well." I told him. "That's so cool Lushee!" Happy cheered. "Thanks guys, but we should hurry back to the camp. We have to prepare for the neck battle." I run ahead. "What are you talking about? You told that guy to back off. If he was as smart as he said he was, he would do that." Nash questioned, cocking his head to the side. "Trust me. A guy like that isn't going to step down. Follow me!" I smile at them for support and we run back to camp, Gray still unconscious.

When we returned, Juvia and Wendy came running up to us, Wendy and Carla taking him to the medical tent the villagers had set up. "So, they attacked you?" Natsu asked. "Yeah. But we're all alright." Juvia said. "We need a plan of attack if we hope to defeat those guys. Any ideas?" I spread out a map of the island, looking for any other buildings that could be of use. Sadly, there weren't. "Go to that cave we found. It's where they're holdin' the monster." Gajeel said. "I was in that room too. That would be the best idea." I think it over. "Juvia and Happy will have a look at the top of the temple. I don't have a good feeling about those guys, so we'll need to investigate more." Erza says and the two nod. "Gray-sama will have to stay here. He's too injured." Juvia worries and I put my hand on her shoulder. "Don't worry Ju-nee, he's been through worse." I comfort her and she nods triumphantly. "Gajeel, Erza, Natsu and I will go to the cave. Do you remember where it is?" I turn back to the others. "No, but I can sniff it out!" Natsu announces victoriously. "Calm down Salamander. We haven't won yet." Gajeel chuckles as Lily silently nods in agreement. "What yah saying, metal for brains?!" Natsu threatens to punch them.

As the two begin to fight, I feel Gemini's extended stay weight on me. My knee buckle, but Erza and Juvia catch me before I touch the ground. "Are you okay, Lucy-nee?" The girls help me to a seat. "Yeah, its fine. I sent a spirit to distract the temple guards. I'm guessing she hasn't been caught yet." I chuckle. "Maybe you should send her back, you do look a little pale." Erza touches my forehead. "No. she's investigating what was in Lyon's chambers." I stand up. "You mean the ice God sword?" Gajeel and Natsu stop fighting for only a moment to look up and tell me before returning to the previous activity. "So it was that. I was suspicious, it was stolen a few months ago, I guess it was these guys." I pinch my chin, thinking of what their purposes were. "If they use that on us, run as far as you guys can go." I command them. "Why?" Wendy returns from treating Gray. "It kills anything in its path." I turn serious. "What will you do?" Juvia asks. "It can't kill anything to do with ice, because it was made by an ice dragon." I lie to them.

Truth be told, the couple who are spoken of in the story used the sword to kill themselves, as they weren't allowed to be with each other on earth, so they could be together in spirit. It's stupid to get your lover to kill themselves so they could be together. I'll never understand that. I get lost in my thoughts for a second. When I looked up, I saw Natsu staring at me, it was like he knew something he shouldn't.